Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I'm freaking out a lil. She says she has a bad stomach ache and she does get IBS but she also ate chinese food tonight which makes her V* like...20% of the time she eats it. But she assures me she doesn't feel sick. I'm so scared what if she gets ill? Though I haven't been around her all day I'm scared to catch anything, I'm scared to be in the house with her. I'm know I'm being totally paranoid here, she looks ill too. I've been SO paranoid lately, anytime either of them get up in the night I bug them because I'm scared they are sick. I want to stop this, they want me to stop it but my heart like....stops everytime i hear someone up and now my mum might be ill? I can't cope.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

dont worry girl... if she does get sick its because of the food or ibs, not anything contagous. if she says shes okay, she should be okay. try not t fret too much, as hard as it is.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

hippychick,

i know how you are feeling, but you have somehow got to tell yourself to stop thinking about the what if's. i know it's easier said than done, but try really hard. is there a book you've been wanting to read? or something on t.v. you can get into? maybe your mom is just tired and that is why she looks ill and maybe it is just the chinese food or stress kicking up her ibs symptoms. try not to assume the worst.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Oh my, I am suprised she still eats Chinese food if it makes her sick that often!
    I know how you feel though, I react the same way you do if someone is sick around me. We just cant help quizzing, and worrying. You are just being you sweeetie, so dont stress out. You know that it always turns out to be OK. So try and cheer up, like Becky said even if she is sick it isnt contagious.

Take Care,
    --kim

Chinese food gives me d* from time to time. Hopefully it is nothing more than food that was a little too spicey or greasy, mixed with a little IBS. I know how ya feel; try not to worry too much; it will only up the anxiety and make you FEEL like you're going to be s*.

If I were you, I would just keep my space from them, not share food, and wash my hands for the next few days. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Thanks guys I *think* she is ok. I know I'm worrying way too much these days and normally I wouldn't. But we moved up here and every year my family get sick with something and usually I am thinking "thank god I'm not there" but this year I am and it's like I'm just waiting for it to happen

Oh and my mum does not give a fiddlers about V*. She'll eat chinese, feel sick, V*, and go back to bed, it's since she had bad food poisoning once her stomach got very sensitive and she's just very....practical about these things you know? I wish I could be like that!!!! lol

I just hate the endless paranoia and the waiting.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I wish I could be like that too!

I think you are fine, she sounds like it would only be the chinese food. I know how it was to worry about people in the night. I just moved out on my own...and now Im scared all the time to be alone. And I feel sick all the time. Good luck, how are you feeling now?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ruby-

When I first moved out on my own I was scared, bored, lonely- I've always had roomates, and wasn't used to having nobody around by me and the cats. But honestly, after being on my own for almost two years now, I can tell you it's the shizzle. I love not having to worry that someone else is eating my food, or get grossed out about hair in the shower that's not my own. I can walk around nekkid at all hours of the night, always get to watch what I want to on the tv, and if I look nasty in the morning, no one will know but me

Do you have any pets? If being alone really freaks you out, I would suggest getting one (even if it's only fish). It does help...

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hippychick, i have a problem at night constantly listening to hear anyone getting up. so i have a fan and i put it on number 3. That way i only hear anyone if they call me. It also helps me as i often 'hear' things which aren't there, like somebody gagging. I know that it isn't possible to hear this over the fan, so i immediately tell myself to shutup and go back to sleep! It works for me - it might work for you.

Trixie, you are my twin emet! I listen out for the sound of someone getting up at night too. Will try the fan!

Haha i am the complete opposite...if i have any noise but the noise downstairs I freak out becausei think i hear v*ing sounds in that fan. Lol, i know, i'm crazy.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!