Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Troll Warning: 'Syrup'

Hello everyone,

I've been advised this is the procedure to warn others of troll behaviour. The above user has caused some upset tonight to myself and other members, most notably saying emetophobic feelings were making 'a mountain out of a molehill' which is extremely insensitive and unhelpful.

Both threads can be found here:

http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...-t-cope-at-all

http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?59651-Trolls

I hope this makes people wary of this user's attitude. I was very upset when I read the comments and would not want someone else to go through the same x

Default Re: Troll Warning: 'Syrup'

I completely agree with this member, I've seen how none sensitive this member has been and I for one thinks it's harsh! This is not someone who has emetophobia it's someone who's out to upset people! Get this member kicked off! Off off off off off clap clap
    A phobia only rules your life if you let it..

Oh My Gosh! "Off off off off clap clap clap'? Are you 12?

So, someone posts something honest and you immediately jump to a TROLL WARNING? This place has gone to the dark side.

Have you even taken the time to review my year of posts? No, you haven't.

I'm through. This place has gone crazy.

There is a difference between honesty and just plain stupidity.
    This is a place for support and understanding, not imposing your views on people and making them think like you. There are some people on here who are very fragile emotionally and people like you add to their distress. If you think that's doing someone a favour then I think you need to get some help. I would rather have a phobia than be known for someone who caused people to be upset and anxious or exacerbated such.

Syrup no I'm 30 and have had this phobia since I was 6 I used to be really bad and been on the dark side of it but a lot better now, that's how I know that yes you don't lie to others but you don't go shouting the word cancer around, we all know there's people worse of than us, she just needs support and yes you was to harsh, your opinion does not always mean it's right. Your just going to keep insulting others so I'm done..

Hi! I actually just got a profile to respond to this thread. I come here almost every day, and honest to god, every time I see that Syrup has answered a post I started panicking, because she usually makes me feel much more anxious than I already am. I don't know if she has a very mild phobia, or actually is a troll, and i'm not trying to be rude to her. But one of the things that freaks me out the most is when someone tries to tell me it's not as bad as I think.

Kelly we are here to support you and I'm sorry Syrup has made you feel this way. Most people on here are not like this member so please don't be afraid x

Syrup is not afraid of herself v*. She is afraid of her kids v*. From what I'm aware of, she doesn't mind v* herself, but her children v* is what stresses her out. She may not know your level of anxiety, and looking at those posts you pointed her out, that's why Syrup went at you.

As for Kelly, how could she make you feel anxious? If you just joined, you haven't made any posts yet for her to scare you.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi1990 View Post
    Syrup is not afraid of herself v*. She is afraid of her kids v*. From what I'm aware of, she doesn't mind v* herself, but her children v* is what stresses her out. She may not know your level of anxiety, and looking at those posts you pointed her out, that's why Syrup went at you.

As for Kelly, how could she make you feel anxious? If you just joined, you haven't made any posts yet for her to scare you.
    I read the posts before I made a profile. So I was able to see everything on the public settings. One of my "triggers" is when people say things to diminish the level of fear I have. And obviously i'm not saying she's awful or mean. Personally it makes me more fearful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly44 View Post
    I read the posts before I made a profile. So I was able to see everything on the public settings. One of my "triggers" is when people say things to diminish the level of fear I have. And obviously i'm not saying she's awful or mean. Personally it makes me more fearful.
    But, Kelly, I am not pointing you out nor do I want to be on your bad side. What I'm asking is if you did not have a account, how did she try to diminish YOUR fear? She's trying to help us, I find that she and Mdgirl are the two most helpful, kindhearted members on here.

-Walt Disney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well if she has children I hope she doesn't talk to them the way she spoke to me! Gosh.
    Kelly probably read posts to get support before she joined. Are members going to start telling her to feel now, just how Syrup did with me?

Sammi, that may be your experience of Syrup, but I'm one of three members tonight who have been upset by her.
    And yes I agree MD girl is brilliant x

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFlo View Post
    Well if she has children I hope she doesn't talk to them the way she spoke to me! Gosh.
    Kelly probably read posts to get support before she joined. Are members going to start telling her to feel now, just how Syrup did with me?
    No. That wasn't suppose to be taken as rude, or 'controlling'. She only spoke to you that way due to you saying she was unhelpful and a troll, right off the bat. I am not here to start a fight, I am here to state my opinion.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi1990 View Post
    No. That wasn't suppose to be taken as rude, or 'controlling'. She only spoke to you that way due to you saying she was unhelpful and a troll, right off the bat. I am not here to start a fight, I am here to state my opinion.
    I never said that she was purposefully diminishing my fear. It was just how I took her comments, which obviously were not directed at me. I have no beef with her, I just have been feeling anxious every time I open a thread because I didn't know what triggering thing would be there. Obviously everyone has the right to post whatever they would like, I just wanted to share my feelings.

syrup is one of the most honest, kind and supportive members on here. I am speechless that anyone would dare call her a trolls. she doesn't feed panic, she honestly assesses risk and provides truthful advice on how to deal with a variety of physical and emotional ailments in a rational way. if she is a troll, I must be too.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    syrup is one of the most honest, kind and supportive members on here. I am speechless that anyone would dare call her a trolls. she doesn't feed panic, she honestly assesses risk and provides truthful advice on how to deal with a variety of physical and emotional ailments in a rational way. if she is a troll, I must be too.
    I don't understand why people cannot have different opinions? If you ask 2 people if they like the President, chances are one will have a completely different opinion.

She does feed panic as she's fed mine. And at least two other people's tonight too.
    MD girl your posts are are what I would call honest but they are always written in a very sensitive and diplomatic way. I hope Syrup can be the same - I am all for honesty but there's a way of being honest in a place like this.

I must be one too then. lol. Along with a handful of other members here as well.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I agree. I'm actually embarrassed for the person who made this thread. Not once did Syrup say anything inappropriate to her, and out of nowhere, she's a troll? rofl. Please don't let this lunacy chase you away, Syrup. You're easily one of the kindest people on this board, and have helped me many times. I don't know what game these two are playing, but I'm sure the majority of this board won't fall for it.

I suspect the two people starting this thread may be members of the other board riling up trouble on IES to try to lure people over to their board. Let's just ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybird View Post
    I agree. I'm actually embarrassed for the person who made this thread. Not once did Syrup say anything inappropriate to her, and out of nowhere, she's a troll? rofl. Please don't let this lunacy chase you away, Syrup. You're easily one of the kindest people on this board, and have helped me many times. I don't know what game these two are playing, but I'm sure the majority of this board won't fall for it.
    I really just came to express an opinion I had. I don't know why I even made an account, because there is a lack of support on this board of differing opinions. I have no idea who is a troll or not, nor do I really care. If you offer compassionate advice without diminishing other's feelings, I totally dig it

Gypsybird have you read the thread Syrup originally replied to?
    If having emet is making a 'mountain out of a molehill' as Syrup put it, why are we even on this site or why does it even exist?
    People come here to know they are not alone, not for people to start talking about cancer like we should all feel guilty for feeling afraid of being s* from a bug!

I suspect the two people starting this thread may be members of the other board riling up trouble on IES to try to lure people over to their board. Let's just ignore them
    What other board is this btw?? I was unaware there was another emetophobia board?

Sounds like a plan!

-Walt Disney

My board?
    I don't have a board?!

What is going on. Syrup- I know that you mean well. I don't understand why people can't have differing opinions on here. Maybe there should be a disclaimer that only unilateral opinions be allowed on this site lol I don't know what board anyone is referring to, but if they offer advice without telling people that you are a troll direct me to it.

I'm not doing anything, I'm not from another bored I don't know of any others, I'm just having my opinion I just said I don't agree, I'm not playing at anything!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFlo View Post
    Gypsybird have you read the thread Syrup originally replied to?
    If having emet is making a 'mountain out of a molehill' as Syrup put it, why are we even on this site or why does it even exist?
    People come here to know they are not alone, not for people to start talking about cancer like we should all feel guilty for feeling afraid of being s* from a bug!
    She was trying to help you. As emets, when we think we're in danger of catching a virus, it's like the end of the world for us. It feels like it'll never end. She was simply pointing out, that if it did happen, you would cope, and you'd be okay. It wouldn't last forever. Whereas, a cancer patient can have those symptoms long-term. She was trying to help put it in perspective, so you wouldn't feel so afraid. I fear stomach viruses as much as you do, so I know how terrifying it is. Like Syrup said, if you're careful with hygiene, you should be absolutely fine.

Little Flo - I am sorry you didn't feel supported by Syrups response. panic is a scary thing but I know syrup well and her response to you only came from a good place. Calling her a troll because you didn't like her type of non sugar coated response was inflammatory, accusatory and inappropriate. You can disagree or respond that her post scared you, which is 100% your right to feel. Calling her a troll was incorrect, though.

this is all I have to say on this matter and I won't open this thread again. I hope you are feeling better.

I understand what you are saying.
    It just wasn't helpful for me at the time. Clearly a misunderstanding, but to avoid it in future people need to be really careful about how they word things. The meaning can be there without the bluntness. X