Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Olive Garden?

Question Olive Garden?

Has anyone ever ate at Olive Garden? I'm concerned about the cleanliness, food safety, etc. Most of the reviews I have read say its a nice place. My birthday is next week and my boyfriend wants to take me out. I'm not a biggie on eating out, and haven't because of this phobia. However, I'd feel really bad for not doling it. I'm looking for a nice, clean place with good food practices. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Olive Garden?

I love Olive Garden! Their breadsticks and salad are heavenly. Every time I have gone I have not seen any problems with cleanliness. I would think since they are a chain they probably have standard cleaning guidelines all the restaurants follow!

I could swim in a pool of in their alfredo - with a breadstick in my hand, of course. Eaten there countless times and never had a problem, except usually looser poo from the richness (which is absolutely baseline for me anyway). Go enjoy!

I absolutely love their Minestrone and every time I go, no matter what time of day, I HAVE to get soup, salad and breadsticks. lol.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I could probably survive on their breadsticks alone for the rest of my life.

My sister worked as a Hostess for them when she was in high school and she really liked it, other than the busy crowds and rush! But she said the kitchen was clean, the food was good and the staff was efficient. Every restaurant is different of course, because they are owned by franchise owners, but the parent company (Darden) holds their owners and the restaurants to very high standards. Red Lobster has been in financial trouble for a while, because of people not going as much as they used to, so I know Darden is sinking as much money into their remaining restaurants to keep them successful as possible.

Look at reviews for your local one on yelp.com, other people in your area will know specifics on your particular one. Usually chain restaurants are fine because the company holds it to a high standard.

You'll be fine I've been to Olive Garden once and they catered my cousin's rehearsal dinner, it was very good both times. I got the carbonara and it was delicious! I also had a friend who was a waiter there for a long time, he said the kitchen was clean and so was the staff. Go and have a good time! (Happy early birthday btw)