Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: .

Default .

Is anyone on here from the UK Here?

Default Re: .

I'm from Ireland but have been living in Scotland for past few years

Oh cool I'm from the northeast, how long have you been suffering with emetaphobia if you don't mind me asking? X

Since I was about 18 I'm 27 now not sure why it really started but it's only in the past year it's got really bad to the point I'm near turning agoraphobic.. What about yourself?

oh I'm sorry to hear that;/ I've had it since I was 3 I'm 19 now, my mum had gallstones when I was a baby so if she ate anything that didn't agree she would v* so that's what started mine of, ive also had agorphobia so i know what your going though, do you not know why your phobia has got bad recently?

Oh dear your full life that's awful, I didn't even really consider the fact little kids could be going through it too just goes to show! Well I got noro in February last year I went to bed fine woke at 5 and v* for about 12 hours that was the start of it I had listened to people's horror stories for months about public v* or it happening in work etc and I started to get ridiculously terrified then my niece picked one up in April, then we went on holiday to Southport in July amd my 2 year old picked it up - in July! It just seemed to be all year round for me this year and it truly terrified me I should of looked for help sooner but I didn't and my anxiety went through the roof

Oh dear that sounds horrible i couldn't imagine what your going through! I know Yeah i didnt even have a name for the phobia untill i done research and realised it does actually have a name, i live with my mum at home and she works in A nursing home last week the full nursing home had the v*+d* bug and i was past myself when she came home and told me about it i was bleaching everything she touched and still felt like nothing was clean i felt I had no control are you getting any help or anything? I dont know if this will help but at the minute I'm doing the thrive programme it's called cure your emetaphobia & thrive its like the man who wrote the book knows how us emetaphobes think i think it's worth a try it isn't to pricey either,

Oh god worst nightmare it spreads like wildfire in those sort of places it's one job of truly be terrified to do!
    Im starting cognitive behavioural therapy in 2 weeks so I'm hoping this might help and doctor prescribed me lustral for anxiety I really didn't want to go down the route of tablets but I gave in eventually and they put me on a low dose because I was too nervous they would make me v* it's ridiculous.
    i think that might be the same book someone mentioned on here before but I didn't look into it at the time but I'm pretty willing to try anything right now and it would stop me re-reading the twilight saga over n over lol I need a new book !!

Just looked it up on Amazon there il need to purchase

i know yeah tell me about it i dont have children but it would be my worst nightmare if one of my future children was to get the bug, oh that's good that your doing therapy i really hope it works for you. I could do with some of those tablets but I can't swallow tablets incase i choke and v* it's a never ending circle for us the book is really good and it's not boring but I do also love twilight hehe!! There cheap and if it doesn't work it says in the book to send it back and you get a full refund, also if you type in on YouTube the thrive programme it had reviews of ex-emetaphobes which is always good i hope it works for you hunny x

I was the same I wasn't even able to take a paracetamol without heaving but with these u don't even notice it's just half a tablet daily .. I'm looking forward to reading this book hope it comes soon sorry for the late reply lol

I'm in the UK, have been phobic since I was very young - 4 or 5. 23 now!

Mine started when I was in reception. I was about to be sick in a sand pit and the teach tilted my head back so I wouldn't.. I ended up choking and have been terrified ever since

Mine started when I was in reception. I was about to be sick in a sand pit and the teach tilted my head back so I wouldn't.. I ended up choking and have been terrified ever since [/QUOTE]

that is shocking !!!

I am from Derbyshire ��
    A phobia only rules your life if you let it..

There are quite a few people here from Derby way.. I live in uttoxeter.

I did live in Hertfordshire near Cambridgeshire but I moved in with my partner over 2 years ago in derby. I've found most people are over seas, though I've made so many friends from this forum, some over seas but some only an hour away, I'm yet to still meet up with them which would be so unreal to meet another emet

I've had this phobia since I was 6 but managed to get through pregnancy and have a 2 year old boy. X

It really scares me when even emets get noro and sometimes don't know where they got it from....
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"