Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Freaking out a bit!

Just heard that the sister of my son's best friend has the stomach flu and now I'm scared to death about sending him to school tomorrow! Should I keep him home?

Default Re: Freaking out a bit!

No darling, send him to school. You can do this, okay? Unless your son was with his best friends sister while she was physically ill, it's very unlikely he can catch anything. Remind him how important it is to wash his hands before he eats and when he comes home. I know how scary school can be at these times; being a student myself it's a terrible time, but you will get through this successfully. Deep breaths!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Freaking out a bit!

School is likely where your son's friend's sister got it from in the first place, so keeping your son home isn't preventing anything. Take it from someone who works in an elementary school - germs are everywhere! There is no higher chance of him picking up a bug from his friend's sister than any other child he encounters every day. How old is he? If old enough, stress the importance of handwashing in the winter months and show him how to do it properly. He will be fine.