Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Currently having a huge anxiety attack. -Scared, HELP!

I don't know what's wrong with me. Had like really soft stool as well as d* today. I drank last night but not a lot! Just 2 glasses of wine and then beer. I feel nauseous and started dry heaving in the bathroom bc I thought I was gonna v*. And the worst thing is, I'm at work. I don't know what's going on. I felt n* this morning, went to the br and felt so much better. I **thought** I was hungry so I had lunch and as soon as I was done eating I felt n*. Does this sound like the beginning of a sv*? I really hope not!!! My bf is visiting from out of state tonight until Monday so thatd suck.

I need some encouragement/opinions right now.

Default Re: Currently having a huge anxiety attack. -Scared, HELP!

When I was having bad anxiety a few weeks ago I felt the same and was heaving etc to I really convinced myself it was it but of course as soon as I left work that day and got home I felt fine and symptoms totally passed, its amazing what anxiety can do to u! Any other time ive had a sv over the years it's basically really feeling ill for half an hour then it happens or happens in the night

I think you are probably fine. Whenever my stomach remotely hurts or I am super anxious, I will heave too - which everyone says is even worse than V* itself. I think I almost make myself heave because it is a control thing, if I'm going to V* I want to control it and I want it to be on my terms. Keep us posted, I hope you are feeling better.

If you were hungry during this, that's a great sign you don't have an SV. And I agree with the others - dry heaving can be a result of extreme anxiety. I've had it before but not been ill. To be honest, it doesn't get much worse than dry heaving! I think it is worse than v* too as you don't get the relief that comes with v*. If you can cope with dry heaving you can cope with anything. Keep being brave x

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFlo View Post
    If you were hungry during this, that's a great sign you don't have an SV. And I agree with the others - dry heaving can be a result of extreme anxiety. I've had it before but not been ill. To be honest, it doesn't get much worse than dry heaving! I think it is worse than v* too as you don't get the relief that comes with v*. If you can cope with dry heaving you can cope with anything. Keep being brave x

thank you guys. i turned out being fine. Idk what is is lately, but this is the 3rd time this week where after I ate [a somewhat heavy] lunch I felt so nauseas. I hate it! Idk what's going on with me.

Perhaps the mixing of two different types of alcohol didn't agree with you and food further aggravated it. Glad you're doing better now.