Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wow!

Default Wow!

So I've been feeling N* for the past 5 hours, I was so bloated and I just didn't feel well. About half an hour ago I V'd!!! I am SO afraid of V"ing!! Like really scared! But I did it and you can too! I felt better after I let it out and I was like"yay I did it even though I was afraid!" I'm not gonna lie I cried a little but my mom was there for me. I still feel nauseous so I'm trying not to move around much.. I just took gravol so I should be ok.

QUESTION: I took 2 gravol about 20 minutes before I V'd, do you think they came out too?

For all of you afraid to V once you let it out you'll be OK, don't be afraid. I know it's scary and nasty but you'll be fine. Don't panic, just breathe and go with it, it'll be over in no time and you'll realize it wasn't so bad Hope this helps someone.

Default Re: Wow!

Congratulations! It happened to be in October and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The nausea is the worst part, without a doubt. Good for you, and thank you for posting this. It's always assuring to hear positive experiences. It's not fun for anyone, fearful or not, but it's not nearly as bad as we all expect it to be!

The Gravol did likely come up. Sip some water and see how it feels; if it stays down, maybe take half of one, or one. Unless you start to feel drowsy, then perhaps it did stay down. Hope you're feeling better soon, and I'm proud of you for handling this so well! Let us know how you're doing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Yeah the nausea is definitely the worst part!

I think the gravol might have came up, I felt drowsy maybe 45 minutes after I took half so I tried a ginger gravol cause I felt like I was taking too much. It is now 5:50am, I managed to get some sleep. I did feel a bit nauseous before going to bed and every time I woke up it was still there but I didn't V again. I still kinda feel nauseous but I just keep burping.

Thanks

I'm just wondering what made me V? If it was the Chinese food or I have sort of Sv...

Wow you did sooo awesome!! You should be very proud of yourself . It is sooooo true though that when you do actually V it just isn't as bad as you think, lol. It's def the N and anxiety that's the worst!! And the ironic thing of our phobia is that the thing we fear the most (V) is sometimes the thing that will make us actually feel better. Weird

Thanks

Another scary thing about it is I feel like I'm going to choke.. it's scary but I got through it.

Thank you so much for posting this. I am absolutely terrified of v-ing and I've felt this way as far back as I can remember. Any time I even think about v-ing I am paralyzed with fear. Reading your success story has made me feel a little less terrified, and that helps tremendously. Thank you for helping me to feel even a shred less fear.

Quote Originally Posted by slkarsch View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this. I am absolutely terrified of v-ing and I've felt this way as far back as I can remember. Any time I even think about v-ing I am paralyzed with fear. Reading your success story has made me feel a little less terrified, and that helps tremendously. Thank you for helping me to feel even a shred less fear.
    No problem. Glad I helped you