Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Food storage worries...

Hi all, it's been a very long time since I've had the need to post here, but right now I'm struggling a little and could really use a good talking too. Two nights ago (Wednesday night, it's currently friday night for me) I made a rice dish (I suppose you could call it a risotto) and after cooking it I immediately transferred the left overs into a container but left them on the bench to cool. An hour later they were still very warm probably due to the density, but I put them in the fridge anyway. I've eaten the left overs for dinner both last night and tonight, but only now I'm worried that I didn't cool it properly/fast enough for it to still be safe.

I guess only time will tell... But any form of reassurance is appreciated.

Default Re: Food storage worries...

You will be fine. I have done that with many foods, many times.

I'm overly paranoid about leftovers too. Usually (this is so wrong!) i let my bf eat them first. If he doesn't die or get sick within 6 hrs I'll eat them too. Lol. He'd eat a three week old pizza though he doesn't care.

Lol men are so gross sometimes.
    my friends boyfriend ate a subway sandwich that he left in our fridge for like 2 weeks... all he got from that was the shits lol.

I think you will be fine. I used to shove things in the fridge warm all the time. I never knew about the "let it cool before refrigerating" rule until my friend startedworking in a kitchen lol. I think yyou're good. Risotto is heavy. I'm pretty sure the last time I made a risotto dish it took like 3 hours for it to cool completely.