Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default just left work with d*

Ughh I'm freaking out I never get D* anymore for no reason and I did. I was bound up and cramping for a few days and then I had a large very hard bm this morning. After lunch, i was cramping so bad i was sweating and my boss said I looked pale so I went home. Just got home and had major d*. I feel n* but that might just be from my anxiety. I don't f feel tired or achy like you get with the flu. I'm so anxious I can barely write this on my phone! My tummy quit cramping. I hate this!!! Please help!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: just left work with d*

The thought of food grosses me out but i ate fine at lunch. What if this is it, like i cant deal with that i just want to cry

I hate feeling so helpless inside my own body and so out of control of whats happening.

Sometimes Im so anxious I pound on my legs til they bruise or I scratch myself with push pins til I bleed because the pain feels better than the anxiety. I have control over the pain and it distracts me from my anxiety. I can make it stop if I want to. Ugh I can't stop this. I can't make the flu stop. Why am I so afraid? I'm not afraid to poop. The only reason I'm afraid of d* is because it sometimes accompanies v*. I'm not afraid to speak publicly or of spiders or snakes and I'm a generally confident woman. This is my Achilles heel but it completely immobilizes me When it wants to.

Calm.down. d* could be from.anything and doesn't necessarily mean it's a virus. Or if it is you might not even v*.
    it coupd be from.something you ate. Maybe something had a seasoning that didnt agree with you. Could be stress. Could be just anxiety. Maybe yiu ate too much fiber in the passed week?
    But don't cut... I know what you mean by it distracts you and you can control that. But it could be harmful.
    I hope you feel better soon =(.

pardon the typos I'm feeding my baby while typing lol

Aw Hun, sorry this is happening to you. Let's talk this through....it's not at all unusual after a period of being bound up for your digestive system to kick into high gear and say, "ok-getting rid of everything!" Its super scary when it's happening, but once you've finishing pooping everything out, the cramping will probably stop. Sometimes our bellies just get off-kilter like that for no apparent reason and it's working hard to regulate itself again. Hopefully by the time you read this, you will be feeling a little better.
    The last time I had the SV from about 6 years ago, the water D came on very quickly and within 10 or 15 minutes later, I was having honest to goodness legit N. There was no question as to what was happening and it started and escalated quickly to where I spent the next 6 hours fighting IT with everything I had.
    I have similar ways of dealing with my anxiety with the push pins, so I know exactly what you're feeling. Physical pain is a welcome diversion from the mental anguish we're experiencing during situations like these.
    Anyways-hope you're ok! Sending you a hug
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

You could be constipated. I know it sounds stupid but you can get d* with constipation as your colon is full and can't remove water from your poop which is coming into it. Look up constipayed diarreah/ overflow diarreah. Sounds gross but you have all the symptoms, I get it alot with my ibs.

Jmoore thank you for your kind words! I took a nap and do feel better. I'm starving but not sure what i want to eat. Reading back now I feel silly about overreacting The way I did, but it did help me to get through it. Pinkprincess thank you too, you're right it might be constipation. I've also been gluten free for over a year now and i had quite a few mini reeses yesterday... I looked it up and found out they have gluten in them. I used to get d* like that all the time but it quit when I went gluten free. So now if I get d* I freak out thinking I'm sick. Well physically anyways, I already know I'm emotionally ill lol thank you again ladies!

Sounds like all the symptoms of constipation clearing itself up. Ride it out but you will not v*!!! It also could have been a gluten attack, but Reese's shouldn't affect you (I have friends who are gluten free by necessity and they all eat Reese's no problem)