Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stupid day! -_-

Hybrid View

Angry Stupid day! -_-

I was supposed to have a lot of fun today since I traveled and visited a space center but I couldn't enjoy myself because of this stupid phobia... I was annoying my mum so I feel really bad now. She was touching things that loads of school kids touched so I will now be worrying for the next 48 hours. I know that kids carry loads of germs and viruses (how do you think I caught the SV* last time....................) but I can't help it... I am feeling low because all I do is annoy family about this annoying phobia. I have TRIED to get help but there's none around here! I really can't be bothered anymore... All I do is annoy everyone so there's no point being here..
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Stupid day! -_-

You aren't annoying us! And kids always annoy their parents. My son has ADHD and drives me batty 24/7 with his constant lego chat, 6 hrs a day showing me lego moves, asking me 79 times for snacks and crap. That is what kids do - drive their parents nuts. Don't feel about that. The key is to keep realistic. Yes, museums can be gross and germy but did your mom wash her hands before making you food? That is honestly key. Did she wash her hands after getting home? If so, you should be ok. Honestly. I took my son to museums in DC all the dang time when he was little and we used sanitizer sometimes but usually just washed in bathroom and ate right on a bench. And half the time I don't even know that my toddler washed his hands. He licked railings, shoved his fingers in his nose and mouth, etc. You really should be ok. Most people with active sv's are not walking all around museums.

Thank you mdgirl, as always! I'm worrying because we didn't wash our hands before eating.... So gross I know! But we was out in the middle of nowhere and decided to eat our packed lunch because we were starving.. I heard that you're still contagious for 24 hours even after you stop showing symptoms. My mum said we will be fine but I know she's just saying that just to make me feel better when it doesn't. I just wish I was like her where I didn't worry about stupid, small things like that.. I actually do resent non-emetophobes.

If I start feeling off and have a stomach ache in the next couple of days I will be panicking like hell thinking I have caught the SV*. I have heard emets that have caught it and don't know where they have gotten it from. That scares the living hell out of me!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Think about how many people visit that museum daily and you get nervous. Think about the amount of people who visit that museum daily and DON'T get sick and you find relief. Remind yourself of the truths in life, people visit museums and don't wash their hands or think about the germs and 99.999% of the time they don't fall ill. That's the truth, that's the reality and THAT is what you should be focused on.

That's what family members do to each other sometimes. They annoy each other, lol. But your family, especially your mom LOVES you no matter how much you think you annoy them Besides, I'd be willing to be its not that your "annoying" your mom, but more that she probably just wants to make you feel better and she isn't sure how. That's what my mom used to tell me. Heck I'm 42 years old and STILL call my mom at 3am if I feel sick, lol. Don't be sad and don't beat yourself up ok. You ARE loved and there is a "point" of you being here. It's just your anxiety playing tricks in your mind that tells you otherwise. Stay strong