Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please Help,Afraid I'll Hurt Myself

I've been doing so well lately. I've been reading this forum for years but didn't join until tonight (gives a little insight on the seriousness). I know I have a sv*, it's been going around work and what I'm experiencing isn't anxiety n* or d*. My whol abdomen burns. I'm so terrified for tomorrow too, I'm supposed to open and work my 9 hour shift alone. I feel like garbage, haven't slept and have to be at work in 4 hours. I can't do it, I'm 90% sure I'm going to call in sick. I alternate from chills to being too hot. I know I won't get fired if I call in, I was feeling sick before I left today and was sure everyone knew. I'm the manager at my place of work so no one can replace me and no ones even available to do the front end work tomorrow. I'll feel sooooo guilty being the reason we shut down for a day. This is my greatest source of panic. I feel like customers and everyone will hate me. I keep getting cramping and it makes me so nervous. I can't deal with this there's nothing or no one to help me cope and I'm tempted to cut. I'm so afraid. I need help please

Default Re: Please Help,Afraid I'll Hurt Myself

Hey, how are you feeling now? Are you going into work? You shouldn't pht so much pressure on yourself x

Hey how are you getting on? If you're sick you're sick and your can't be expected to work if you're unwell. What industry do you work in? There are a number of industry's where you aren't allowed into work with a stomach virus for at least 24 hours after showing symptoms.

Hope you feel better

I definitely have a sv* I have watery d* and pain throughout my abdomen. Do you think if I've lasted this long without v* that I'm safe? I was feeling well enough to drink some tea and eat a chocolate bar (bad choice I know) but I'm not feeling n* at the moment. I'm on my own again now until two am and I have no idea how to take care of myself when I'm sick. I need some advice and maybe reassurance. I feel like if I start to get anxiety about v* again it'll make me v* but I'm hoping that since it's been 24 hours and I haven't that I wont. Help please

I think.you are probably good by now. If you are well enough to eat chocolate you are fine =)