Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is really weird. I posted it on a pregnancy forum and no one responded so I am a little worried. I am looking for any info I can get now!

I am almost 7 weeks and I am starting to show a little. The weird thing is, it's biger on one side of my belly button than the other. Is this normal? I have heard it oculd be bowel distension, but would you notice that big of a difference? You can't really see it head on, but from my birds eye view it is obvious. My husband looked down on it last night and noticed it too. I am worried that something is wrong. What do you think?

Gee, I don't know, I've never heard of that. How are you feeling?If you're feeling OKay, I would'nt worry but mabey you could see your obgyn. just to feel better. Is is very hard-like harder than the otherside of your belly?
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I asked my boyfriend (the nurse)- and he said that you shouldn't worry. Your baby at this point is only about 3 centimeters, and if there is no unusual bleeding you're most likely in the clear. If you're worried, go check in with your doctor. May just be water retention?

I know it's common for women later on in their pregnancy to have one side bigger than the other while the baby shifts.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It all feels the same. I am wondering if it could be due to my constipation. I am going to try and just wait until I go to the doctor next week. I have had a little cramping, but no bleeding.

It could be many things. Bowel distention is one. You had said you were having constipation problems. It could be that. With my last pregnancy I was about 12-13 weeks and kept having pains on one side so I went to my OB who did an ultrasound and announced that it was just a large BM stuck in my intenstine. Imagine how mortified I was! It could also be the cyst on your ovary that is currently secreting hormones that are keeping your baby alive. Your placenta isn't fully formed until around the end of your first trimester. Everyone has a corpus luteum cyst that forms on the ovary you ovulated from. It shrinks and goes away when your placenta fully takes over. With my last pregnancy that cyst was larger than normal and hung around for awhile but they said it was gone when I had my 20 week ultrasound. This time, the doc says I have more than one cyst on that ovary. A large one and a couple of smaller ones that could be from prior ovulations. He didn't seem to concerned about it, but I can feel it occassionally. It's like a little twinge on my left side. When you have your first visit, they will check everything out during the ultrasound. As long as you aren't experiencing any bleeding, I'd relax. Happy Thanksgiving too.

I agree...it is more than likely a bowel related issue and no relation to your pregnancy. As long as your not in any pain or discomfort I would not worry. To make yourself feel better ask your doctor. I'm sure your fine!