Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Abdominoplasty (AKA, Tummy Tuck)

Hello all...

I am 43 and have birthed 5 wonderful children. As one of my New Year's resolutions, I decided to get serious about eating healthier and losing my excess weight (15 lbs or so). Well, off and on for many years I have looked in the mirror and hate what I see; yucky sagging skin below my naval. Well, my husband has agreed for me to get a mini tummy tuck in April. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on this month on the 19th.

Anyway, I am semi-hypochondriac along with being emet, so of course my mind is constantly worrying already; " Will I v* after surgery?... Will I be n* for days?... What will the pre-op enema be like?... How much pain will I be in and for how long?... Will I die from complications?"... and so on.

I am happy to get it done since I have wanted it for years. I just want to be happy with myself and that is part of me that I am really self-conscious about.

Anyone ever have, or know anyone who had a mini tummy tuck (below the naval)? ... or just a normal tummy tuck? Just a bit scared but sadly, I think it is more for emet reasons.

Default Re: Abdominoplasty (AKA, Tummy Tuck)

Hello,
    So my mom had a tummy tuck a few years ago and I know she did not vomit afterwards. They even gave her a prescription for zofran that she filled but never used. What I remember is that she was pretty out of it the first few days and just mostly slept. My mom does not handle pain really well so she is more of a baby than others and I have to say she handled it really well. I do know though that it is a long recovery and she had to wear these draining things that hung from her stomach to drain the blood and that was pretty gross to see everyday but we got used to it haha. I think you'll be okay! This was a long time ago and so I don't know exactly how it felt for my mom just letting you know how I saw it. But I will talk to my mom and ask her and let you know if you'd like!

Thanks for your input! Any info you can get is welcome! Yeah, I am a bit nervous. I know it is a big procedure. I fear not waking up under anesthesia, waking up v* or n*, or in waaay too much pain. I feel like I need this surgery. My belly is a joke, lol.

I've had 2 surgeries and I did just fine. Make sure to tell the people who are doing the pre-op that you are easily susceptible to n* and v*. They will make sure that you are taken care of so that you want get sick. Those little patches that go behind your ear works wonders! As far as pain, there is definitely going to be some pain but pain meds should manage it pretty good and just remember each day post-op should be a little less pain.