Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Freaked out :(

Default Freaked out :(

I wasn't eating for weeks due to stress. I been eating this week. But just one meal a day. But when I eat I get crazy hungry and have trouble stoping. I get severely bloated after I eat. My abdomen doubles in size. Plus I get terrible morning nausea. I'm stuck in bed 1-5 hours with nausea. I keep thinking I picked up a bug or FP. I'm constipated too. Been taking gentle stuff to go. Our weather has been crazy and sinuses are messed up.

But I'm laying in bed right now terrified. I had a heavy meal last night and my stomach still hurts. I'm So scared I'm gonna be s. I'm Trying my hardest not to take a zofran. I'm Starting to get the feeling of not eating again because of feeling like this . I just can't calm down

Default Re: Freaked out :(

I hope you're feeling much better by now.
    Have you been to the doctors about your stomach and nausea?
    It sounds to me like IBS.... I have ibs and the exact same symptoms as you, and even though I KNOW it's ibs and not a SV and that I won't V... I do still panic. The panic then irritates my stomach more causing a flare up of ibs which leads back to the panic... It's never ending!

Anyway, the most helpful thing I find is telling myself after the first hour 'if I was gonna v it would have happened by now.'
    When I have v-d in the past I never sat and felt terribly nauseous for ages before... The feeling came on suddenly and within the same minute it happened, there was no hanging around. And I have been told by friends that it is the same for them.
    So the chances are if you've been feeling nauseous for a while and haven't v-d, you won't v
    Telling myself this over and over does help.
    As soon as I start to feel nauseous too I sometimes put a film on and tell myself 'if I don't v by the end of this then I definitely won't!' Watching the film distracts me from the feeling to start with and then by the end I'm a lot more confident that I won't v because like I said, it would have happened straight away.
    I hope this can be of some help to you, and I hope you're feeling better x

No sadly. I felt a bit better after taking a Klonopin, zofran and Zantac. Went and got my hair cut. While I was out had to pick up something to eat. Got me mashed potatoes. I was trying to eat a biscuit and mashed potatoes and my stomach turned and suddenly thought I was gonna V. So I ran in my room. Now I'm in bed. Stomach being loud and terrified again. I hope I'm not sick!!! I shared a bite with my son which I never do

Sorry about the delayed reply... I hope you're ok now. Anxiety can do that to your tummy even though the feeling is very much physical and there and even if you don't realise you're anxious in the first place lol.
    If you were going to V it would have happened by now, and if you're son is in good health then sharing his food will be fine too... I actually read somewhere (on here I think) the other day that you can't catch a SV through saliva and that that is just a myth, so even if your son did have it, it's unlikely you would catch it anyway.
    I'm pretty certain it's just anxiety making your tummy gurgley ... Feel better soon