Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

now i'm considering quitting my job because i know it will bring on unnessecary anxieties, I got offered a job at iga, but I turned them down and I'm pretty sure I will be offered a job elsewhere. What should I do?

Only you know what you can handle at this very moment. If you know it's going to be a cause of worry for you each day you go into work, I would say that it's probably not the right fit for you. My experience in the pharmacy was good. But, you are right there with people talking about their health, and some of it isn't nice. Sit down and write the pro's and con's of each job that you'd consider.... that should tell you where you should be looking. Good luck!

And P.S.... remember there are soooo many emets here who are teachers, nurses, a couple doctors and/or med students, etc. so it's definately possible to have a job like that and still function even when you're an emet!!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I say stick with it. I hate to say it, but with any job there will be some fear about contracting something. Even if you didn't take this one, the next one offered the same issue would come up (unless you work on the phone from home). That's the reality of a phobia- it doesn't discriminate based on location.

I say just be vigilant about personal hygiene, and go in and do your job. Im sure the first week may be somewhat nerve-wracking, but after that it will get easier. Just thing of it as the first step towards facing your fear.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good advice.

Who here is a doctor? That's what I'd like to know!

sage
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I am a nurse and pretty much know I am in the wrong field. I do enjoy it and love taking care of people but everytime I walk into work I wonder "Is there a stomach virus going around yet?" Its in our community so I am just waiting.

I know exactly where you are coming from.