Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can you get infected through eyes or nose?

Well my teacher was talking about how her and her children were v* over the weekend which really grossed me out, she said she still felt really sick this morning
    But then what really made me panic was the fact that she kept breathing right in my personal space and she was really close to me at some points in the lesson
    I really don't want to catch whatever shes got, i made sure i didn't touch my mouth but i didnt think about not touching my eyes or nose. Can you still get say the stomach virus or something like that just from contact like that?

Default Re: Can you get infected through eyes or nose?

Depending on what it is. She could just be feeling sick from stress. Some viruses are highly contagious and can be contracted just by breathing. But most viruses are contracted by people touching their eyes or nose. Chances are you'll be just fine

Default Re: Can you get infected through eyes or nose?

Nope, sv*s are totally fecal-oral. Given that she wasn't actively ill there's nothing for you to worry about.