Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help!!

Default Please help!!

okay so this is seriously a stupid thing that i'm being nervous about, and i'm so sorry if i'm bothering anyone but i really need help.

so earlier today, around 8 pm, i cleaned my fish's tank. the water wasn't super murky or green, but i had to clean off algae and a little bit of mold from the tank. i touched my phone before washing my hands two times, and then touched it again after finishing washing my hands. and then that freaked me out when i remembered so i wiped the case off on my blanket and went into the bathroom to clean my actual phone with a wet rag. after doing this i washed my hands yet again, but i didn't actually clean the case, it totally slipped my mind and now i'm scared i could get sick from it. it's been about 8 hours and i've experienced nothing but pure anxiety, but i cant will myself to eat out of fear and i'm really freaking out.

does anyone think that this could make me sick?? please answer.

Default Re: Please help!!

We had a fish tank for years (before I was emet) and would often put our fingers in as curious kids. We rarely washed our finger straight afterward and hardly ever got sick as kids. Try not to worry honey, I would be VERY surprised if you get ill!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Please help!!

Me and my ex had a tropical fish tank. I never cleaned it out but he did it with no probs and he was rubbish at washing his hands! I really don't think you need to worry!