Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Something's wrong with my brother...

So on Sunday morning, my brother had, or so we thought, a stomach virus. Nausea, v*, d* and so on. Well today, he v* at the restaurant (This has scarred me) and was later complaining how his back hurt. My mom thinks it could be appendicitis, but that isn't in your back so I was thinking more pancreatitis.

Nobody else in the family got this sv*

Anyways, is the v* from appendicitis/pancreatitis contagious? I was sitting right next to him when he v* so idk if I caught any particles. My food came after he p*, but my soup was at the table.
    I had fajitas so I had to use my hands to eat and I'm scared.

My mom just said he had dirrhea last night.

Is it normal for kids to have the sv* for 5 days?
    Last edited by Chronicles; 02-11-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: Something's wrong with my brother...

how old is he? if it is appendix or something else, it isn't contagious and I have no idea why your mom had d. I couldn't eat anything on the table after he v, that is just gross.

lower back pain on the side where his appendix is could be a symptom. is he feverish? why is your mom not taking him to the dr? appendicitis is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    how old is he? if it is appendix or something else, it isn't contagious and I have no idea why your mom had d. I couldn't eat anything on the table after he v, that is just gross.

lower back pain on the side where his appendix is could be a symptom. is he feverish? why is your mom not taking him to the dr? appendicitis is serious.
    My mom didn't have d*, my brother did. He didn't throw up directly on the table, mostly on the booth. I made sure that I got a new set of silverware and stayed as far away as possible.
    She is taking him to the doctors right now so I will have to see what she says.
    He's 3

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post

The doctor said it was a stomach flu and im extremely worried that i was exposed.

Wow. I'm really surprised your parents didn't take him home after he was sick. Poor thing (him and you!). If he's only 3 and it's been going on for a few days it's most likely to be Rotavirus which you've had and are unlikely to show symptoms of. Regardless I am sure you're going to be just fine!

3 year olds get easier to catch strains than adults, honestly. it is prob rota, like syrup said. adults usually don't get what really little kids have because they tend to be immune and if you do, it may just be d like your mom. I would just move toothrbrush into your room if you share a bathroom and wash your hands before you eat. you will be fine, esp since its been days.