Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please I need your advice! Possible sv!

Hi all. I need to call on your knowledge of the dreaded sv.

Iv felt my anxiety n all day. But I ate my lunch (enjoyed it) but an hour later I got an awful low stomach ache, like a very bad wind/period cramp. I ran to the loo where I had very watery d. While I was on the loo I started to sweat shake and feel incredibly n.... So much I wasn't sure if I was going to v. The pain disappeared almost instantly after the d. But I do now keep having strapping pains all over my stomach... And I continue to feel n. I feel my anxiety is kind of under control at this point. But I still keep going hot/shivery/tingly/sweating then il get the pains. Sometimes I pass wind (sulfur smelling) other times it's d. It's happened 3 times so far. Each time the pain and pressure make me feel like I will v. In a panic Iv taken 2 domperidone but the n is still there (as well as a hunger/gassy feeling)

my my question is... Could this be noro or another type of sv? Would I have v first before the d? Or is there chance the v could come later? I'm convinced it can still come. I googled sudden d and found a comment from a woman saying she had d of the afternoon and was violently v from 3am the next morning. I'm petrified!

is there any chance this is something other than a bug? Or should I expect to start v'ing?

Default Re: Please I need your advice! Possible sv!

Sometimes sv* in adults doesn't cause v* at all. Often times, it's only d*. So even if you do have a sv*, it doesn't necessarily mean you will v*. Anxiety is also another major culprit of d* and n*. I hope you feel better.

I get the same sometimes, I have ibs-a. Have you been checked For it?

No Iv never been checked for it. Iv had no more d since I posted but Iv felt n. Iv not eaten and stuck to water. I had a cup of tea about an hour and half ago and seem to be ok so far. Just hope it's not a bug of any sort x