Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Which is worse? Food poisoning or stomach bug?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Food poisoning

4 36.36%
  • Stomach bug

7 63.64%

Default Which is worse: Food poisoning or stomach bug?

Which would you rather have, food poisoning or stomach bug? If you had to have one.

Default Re: Which is worse: Food poisoning or stomach bug?

I posted it in the polls

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Why is this not a poll?
    Why does it matter where its posted lol
    Anyway, tbh, I'd rather have neither. They both suck. I've had a bug before with just d* and no v*, so I suppose i'd choose that if I had to choose.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Let's all answer SadieMay's poll question. Which is worse? FP or SV.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I said FP because it is. SVs last maybe a max of 72 hours, but usually about 24 hours and it's over. The intensity of FP is usually worse from what I am told and depending on the type, it can be very deadly. FP is far more serious and far more dangerous for those young, old, or with compromised immunity. While norovirus can be a type of food poisoning, there are far more dangerous types as well like listeria, campylobacter, E: Coli (two major types, but most common is 0157:H7), Salmonella, b.cerillus, shigella, and botulism. Botulism fp can kill in a matter of a couple hours. Thankfully it's very rare. Fp can cause reactive arthritis, brain and nerve damage, hemolytic uremic syndrome which can cause kidney damage and possibly failure in e:coli cases, listeria can cause serious problems to the fetus and even cause stillbirth. The biggest risk with a SV is dehydration. I've been aware of children nearly dying from fp, but never once heard of one nearly dying from a sv. I'll take a child ill with the stomach flu any day over a child sick with fp (yes, I know it's not the "flu", it's just a saying to me and never once thought it was related to influenza and never met anyone who did) and not have to worry about the serious threat to their health.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I'd rather not have either please

I mean there are mild variants of norovirus and other forms of viral gastroenteritis (esp rotavirus in adults) and there are some mild forms of food poisoning/bacterial gastroenteritis (e.g. where the only symptoms are cramping and diarrhoea) so if I was forced to choose I would just want to have a very mild form of any type of gastroenteritis, without the nausea and vomiting.

Also just to add- most of the infections that people label as 'food poisoning' are actually norovirus infections. People contract it from eating contaminated food (where someone hasn't washed their hands properly before preparing food and has either had d/v themselves or touched something contaminated before preparing food).
    Last edited by emet-ana; 05-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Food poisoning was way worse for me. It turns out I very likely had a bug in February and it was mild for me - I then passed it on to my sister. However I've had food poisoning twice, both were excruciating. The cramping and pain is surreal. I didn't v* but I wish I had. The second time around, I was in bad shape for 2 days, finally recovering after 4. It's much more severe and I think the level of control you have over it is minimal, too. Not meaning to scare anyone... I got through it, it sucked, but it passed. And I did not v*.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

The stomach bug is worse, because you can't catch food poisoning!