Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Have you ever dreamed you were vomiting?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I actually vomited in a dream I had

18 69.23%
  • I have dreamed I was nauseated but didn't vomit

2 7.69%
  • No, I have never had a dream like that

6 23.08%

Default Have you ever dreamed you were vomiting?

Is it typical or rare for emets to dream that we're vomiting? Just to make it clear: "I actually vomited in a dream" means that you dreamed you were vomiting, not that you really vomited.
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 02-15-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Have you ever dreamed you were vomiting?

Yep.

Ive had A LOT of dreams where I v

Ones where others v too.

Usually once a week to every two weeks I get a dream like that, I've learned to deal
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

Sammi, don't you think your signature is ironic? LOL, Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Sammi, don't you think your signature is ironic? LOL, Doug
    hahaa!

I've had dreams where I felt sick but didn't actually v*. Dreams involving actual v* are usually animals or other people doing it. I once had a dream where a dog was getting sick and I tried to get off the sofa but couldn't move.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Yes and where others did as well in front of me. Fears easily manifest themselves in dreams since dreams occur from things in our unconscious mind. It is not a premonition, it is just what you were thinking about while awake (vomiting and being afraid of it) and it came to pass in the dream.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Yes, and it's usually during nightmares where I scream loudly and the screaming is so hard it becomes vomiting. I sometimes dream of other people about to throw up in front of me and I wake up immediately like "HELL no, I'm not gonna see that" lol...I wish that worked in real life too! :P

Visit me at

Yeah.. i have v* dreams on a weekly basis. usually it's someone else though..regardless it never fails to make me nervous for the rest of the day. i just can't get the images out of my mind. i have trouble sleeping because of this silly thing, so i don't sleep unless im so tired i can't keep my eyes open!!! it really sucks..
    my memories are kind of distorted from fear, so when i v* in a dream it's alot more extreme which scares me even more. so messed up -_-

Oh yeah. I had one the other night, but they don't really bother me. In my dreams when it happens, I'm at ease with and not panicking. So when I wake up, I wake up feeling reassured, if that makes sense.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Yes! Usually my vomit dreams involve other people vomiting that I can't get away from, though. I get these dreams ALL the time and they freak me out!

I'm not sure, I don't remember I've ever had a dream about me vomiting, but there was a lot of dreams where somebody close to me was vomiting (usually my brother or my mom).
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I have dream about *v. Back when my phobia wasn't intense. I remember being in my old house and my dad, brother, and uncle were there and I rember feeling like throwing up and I did. It felt real and weird but I didn't panicked. I was just like "I just threw up". After I woke up I kinda worried if it meant I was going to throw up soon but I didn't.

Yes; very often, oddly enough.