Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Does d always mean SV?

I used to have IBS with d but once I started taking an antidepressant it cleared up. Today I was eating some grapes and shortly after had d (in school, ugh!) I am hoping that its just from the grapes and not the SV....people get d all the time from other things right? I'm not super worried but just concerned because normally I don't have d.

Default Re: Does d always mean SV?

I'm now back in the bathroom at school again with d. I tried to sit still in class but my stomach was gurgling and we were watching a movie and I felt so anxious. I really hope this is just from the grapes or the tiny bit of coffee I drank. I'm tempted to skip my next class and go back to my dorm but I know I shouldnt. I'm just so worried about getting s* in public.

You could have d for many reasons. Coffee often makes people poop, so its most likely that.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I am just worried because I only had maybe one sip of coffee before I started feeling s*. I went to the rest of my classes, and just got back to my dorm and my stomach is still feeling upset. I just had watery d* again and am freaking out. I think this could actually be it.

How are you now, it's 3 hours later.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My stomach is still uneasy, but I haven't had d* since. I am hoping that it was just something I ate that didn't sit well and this isn't going to develop into something worse. I am thinking about taking some dramamine to help me feel better/help me sleep. I also just bleached my bathroom just in case.

It is now 1:30 AM and I have not been able to go to sleep because I am so worried. I am afraid if I go to sleep I will wake up and v* and I don't like not haven that control. I just had another BM that was more solid but still soft. I tried to eat again and am just belching a lot. What is happening to me? I am fairly certain *it* is going to happen.

It's the second day, I haven't had any d* but my stomach has had that feeling and is gurgling. I ate earlier today but now I'm afraid to eat dinner as I don't wanna upset my stomach more or v* If I were to v* would it have happened by now? How do I rule out the SV as a possibility?

Grapes are high in fiber (makes you poo) and coffee often makes you poo as well. If you had a sv* you wouldn't have an appetite or be able to eat without feeling n*. You would also likely have a noticeable fever and body aches. If you have IBS and are feeling anxious about being sick, it is going to prolong your stomach symptoms as long as you are worrying. I think your stomach symptoms started due to an overload of fiber and then stuck around/got worse as you worked yourself up worrying about having a sv*. Try to relax and do some deep breathing. You are fine!

I had d* a few days ago and that's all it was. Sometimes you just eat something that gets your insides going. Grapes and coffee would both do that
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”