Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need help- my worst nightmare happened

So basically my worst nightmare happened last night...my mom was driving me home last night and suddenly she says she feels faint. She manages to pull over to the side of the road and passes out. I am screaming her name and trying to wake her up and suddenly she comes to and v* all over the front seat. I immediately call 911 and the EMTs come and rush her to the hospital. i have then have to sit in the v* covered seat and drive to the hospital.
    Thankfully, all the tests came back negative and the doctors think she has the flu. So, now I am obviously grateful that nothing was seriously but I am terrified that I am now going to get sick too. The day before I shared a tube of toothpaste with her and I am terrified. Plus I was sitting in her v*
    I am holding onto hope that this was the flu and she only threw up because she was really run down and not the SV
    I am basically just sitting here waiting to get sick so I really just need help and support right now

Default Re: I need help- my worst nightmare happened

How scary!! How is she doing now? What did the doctors test her for exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    How scary!! How is she doing now? What did the doctors test her for exactly?

It was terrifying! She is home now and doing well, she is achy and a little feverish but no stomach discomfort or v*
    The doctors were testing to make sure she didnt have a heart attack or stroke or aneurysm because she lost consciousness

Oh honey, you'll be all sorts of shook up! Glad Momma is not in danger, but sorry this stupid f*****n phobia is messing with you when most people just feel relief. Was she only ill the one time? Sounds like a mild virus (with the aches) but as long as it was just the one V, I would imagine the only reason she V is because she was driving when the dizzies hit. We're here for you sweetie, just let us know if you are struggling! xX
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I am so sorry that this happened to you! It resonated with me for sure. When I was 8 I had a similar experience with my mother. She was driving home and felt dizzy, pulled over to the side of the road and was sick. It was also the flu. She was run down and the doctor said that driving and the flu don't mix. She wasn't sick before or after. My father and I never caught it. V* from the flu isn't contagious. You WILL be ok.

You were so brave! You were terrified, but you drove in it! You were there for your mom!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!! I know it was horrible, but you DID IT!!! So proud of you!

my God, that sounds terrifying!! you did everything you could do and I'm happy your mom is ok. since she wasn't sick before or after I don't think its a contagious sv. I'm sure you showered and washed hands so that is the best you can do. hope she's feeling better today!!!

I cannot tell you how wonderful you all are! I have tears in my eyes from your support!
    She is doing much better today after a full day at home--now we are having trouble just keeping her in bed!
    It is wonderful to be in a place where people understand what this is like. I felt so selfish and guilty that I was even worried about myself in this situation. Part of me is rationalizing that this is my coping method--id rather focus on my phobia than really have to think about what happened to my mom. Selfishly, I was also hoping that this incident would in a way cure me but it seems to only have made it worse.
    Anyway--thank you all soo very much and I promise to be there for you all when you need it!
    xoxo

aw I am happy she is feeling better! She is definitely a "mom"...you can't keep us down. 2 hours feeling better and we declare ourselves better. try to force her to rest, though. HUGS.

So, Im starting to get anxious again- Does anyone else get more anxious at around sunset? I know my witching hour is around 4-6 pm...
    I didnt mention that she did v* again in the hospital and I saw everything. I'm hoping that that was because she was just dizzy from the ambulance ride but I dont know. In the ER cubicle next to hers, there was a man gagging soo loud and forcefully that I could here him from down the hall where I went to escape. Another man was literally collapsed on the floor with a v* bag to his face...and I had to step over him to leave the building. Let's just say that the ER is a Emet's wost nightmare.
    So the fact that my mom got sick a second time at the hospital makes me scared. Plus what if I was exposed to by those men at the ER? I am almost at the 48 hour point and not showing symptoms but I feel like I just jinxed myself. I know a lot of this is residual anxiety
    Anyway, thanks again for all the support....cant express how much it means to me

Gosh, what an awfully scary thing to happen to anyone, let alone an emet! It sounds like you were very brave in such a terrible situation. Glad your mum is OK. There are loads of reasons the men could have been v at hospital, illness, drunk or drugs. Please try not to worry too much as I'm sure you'll be fine. Big hugs.

That sounds like a very scary situation for anyone, emet or not. You did handle it and do what needed to be done, despite your fear. That is courageous! I'm glad she is feeling better and hope you feel more calm as the days pass. Everyone has selfish thoughts, but you pushed through them. Way to go!