Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really scared it's going to happen

I've woken up with a really bad headache, and I mean bad. I feel like someone is squeezing my head. I'm shivering too but not sure if that's anxiety. I never get headaches, I'm not a headaches person. But I don't feel well in myself either.

To give you some more background, last Tuesday, for about a week, I had a really bad cold, was in bed for a couple of days it got that bad. The cold has gone, but I'm still a bit congested (clear phlegm).

I am TERRIFIED this is a migraine and I know they can make you s*. I've not experienced pain like it in my head before. I'm drinking water and trying to stay calm.

I did have two glasses of red wine last night, but red wine doesn't normally do this to me. I'm worried too as my boss was off ill on Wednesday with a S* and D* virus, she was back in work on the Thursday but claimed that day she had a heachache. I was washing my hands etc. I've been under pressure myself at work as I found out this week I have to take time off to go to the trial of my abusive ex.

Is this just a combination of factors? I do feel hungry, I hope that's a good sign!

Default Re: Really scared it's going to happen

I have chronic daily migraine, and it does sound like it could be one. But not everyone v* with them if it is that. My advise would be to take 2 or 3 Advil, whatever you feel confortable with and 2 Benadryl. If you don't get migraines, that combo may knock it right out and it will keep your stomach calm. Also, try to eat protein and a little caffeine. If you feel like it's the worst headache of your life, you should probably then contact a doctor. But if not, the meds should help. Are you sure you don't have a fever? Hope your pain goes away soon!

Thanks for your message and sorry you suffer too. I don't know what either of those things are (am in the UK?) I am going to see how I go today. It's still there but duller. It's just so unlike me to get a headache. No fever. Just the sides of my head are literally throbbing.

Aw, I'm so sorry. I do understand, and it's not fun! Advil is maybe called Ibuprofen? It is an anti inflammatory. Benadryl would be like an allergy pill. Both would be over the counter. I hope you feel much better today and do not have any more pain!

Yes I have ibropufen. Thank you - I just feel worried as I don't normally get headaches. I googled it (big mistake) and it said something about how if headaches are unusual for you, and it wakes you up in the night (it did), to see a doctor. It's a Sunday so that would be A&E, joy!

I'm not doing too well. I feel weak, hot/cold, and I'm coughing. I really hope it's just my cold returning and not the start of a virus that could make me s*. The headache is still there, but dull, and I've had a stabbing pain in my left ear. I don't mind having any virus or infection but I do not want to v*. Could the phlegm I'm coughing up/sometimes swallowing, cause the n*?

It could be that you have a virus causing it all. My 9 year old had it last week, and she wasn't n*. She didn't eat until I got her head under control with medicine though. Sounds like you need rest. If you can sleep a lot, you may wake feeling at least some better.

Yes I think it is a virus. Or a sinus infection - I've looked that up and it sounds like it. My whole face and head feels heavy and full, I have a temperature, and I'm coughing phlegm as it's running down my throat. I feel n* but I hope it's just anxiety and phlegm, my appetite is fine. I've just requested a callback from the doctor - I worry about headaches because of meningitis.
    Bless your little 9 year old, I hope she is better now. Did she have similiar symptoms?
    I'm trying to relax and rest but the n* is making me nervous to sleep.