Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Absolutely terrified - need help ASAP

I posted on here last night about a headache I had last night. Well today things have got worse, I have a fever, heachache and heavy face/ears, I'm sweating, I feel so hot, my chest hurts and feels heavy, I feel weak, I feel achey. I think I have flu and I am PETRIFIED of being s*. I feel a little n* but I think that's from the temperature, I've taken some flu tablets which contain paracetamol. No d*. Just feel very ill and flu-like and lethargic. It's not anxiety. Please help me guys, I'm so worried. Do you think it's just a respiratory virus like flu?

Default .

*want to delete*
    Last edited by lorna o_o; 01-26-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Default Re: Absolutely terrified - need help ASAP

I'm a bit calmer now but my gosh I do not feel well at all. I feel very weak and lethargic, my head feels foggy, my throat and chest don't feel right, my ears are red hot, heavy, and burning. It feels like the start of some big virus.
    I'm glad to hear you weren't s* with flu.
    I hope this is a nasty virus which will pass quickly. I am very hungry but my temp is so high I don't want to eat.

Eating might make you feel a little better. But it's up to you, ultimately. And, I hope it is a nasty virus which will pass quickly too. I'm here if you want to talk.

Thank you, that means a lot.
    I am scared to sleep, I don't like not knowing what's wrong and not feeling in control of my body.
    If it was a SV or FP, it wouldn't show itself like this would it?

It sounds like a bad flu and like lorna said, you are not guaranteed to v* with the flu

You're welcome, I'm glad it means a lot. Plus, I'm really not sure man, all types of illnesses show themselves in different ways.

Sounds respiratory. If you're n*, it's from the fever and your anxiety, I'm confident of that I'm so sorry that you're feeling bad, but please just make sure you get plenty of sleep and make sure you EAT. Don't starve yourself out of fear, it'll only make your body have to work harder to get better. If you're not very hungry, eat gently, like chicken soup and rice. And please try to relax as much as possible, even though I know it's difficult. Hugs!