Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default feel dumb but help

I feel super dumb but need assurance that I am being silly. Today I was driving from home from the grocery store and I saw this car with a person hanging out the door doing something pulled over. Not sure if they were throwing up. Because of my obsession with throw up I had to cross the road to check in out and the car passed me. I turned around to get out of the parking lot and ended up following them out.

They pulled over again and someone hung their head out again real quick and then closed the door. Not sure what was going on.

I am worried my tires drove over the throw up. On the way home I hit every pool of water possible. My husband is out there changing the oil in my car and is touching the tire and hanging under the car. I am worried that if there was throw up on it he will get sick. My daughter was also hanging out by the tire as well.

Help!

Default Re: feel dumb but help

hey Lesday- you cant even be sure that the driver of the other car v* There could have been a million reasons why they stopped the car and stuck their head out the window. But because we have this phobia, we always tend to focus on the worst thing happening.
    But lets look at the facts: 1. You cannot be sure they got sick
    2. Even if they did get sick, it could have been for various reasons, not necessarily the sv (carsick, hungover, etc)
    3. The likelihood that the v* is still on the tire is very very low
    4. Unless you plan on eating directly off of the tire, you should not come into contact with it- just make sure that your husband and child wash their hands before eating or touching their face (and this is mostly because tires come into contact with other gross things besides v*)

Lesday - why do every single one of your 3 posts start with very vivid scenarios about seeing v? It is...odd. No introduction, just trying to plant images in our minds. Many of us are aware that the last 20 or so fake members started this way. Please explain.

oh wow..now I feel dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    Lesday - why do every single one of your 3 posts start with very vivid scenarios about seeing v? It is...odd. No introduction, just trying to plant images in our minds. Many of us are aware that the last 20 or so fake members started this way. Please explain.
    I think the better question is why are you following complete strangers to find out if they're sick? (I mean the OP of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Shubertgoddess View Post
    I think the better question is why are you following complete strangers to find out if they're sick? (I mean the OP of course)
    Didn't follow a complete stranger. If you click on the persons name at the top of an entry you can see their profile. Then click on their name in the center box and you can see any activity/posts they start. I've been here for SO long that if someone seems *off* I just investigate. Takes about 15 seconds. I saw that all 3 posts she started were the same - 3 different, yet very VIVID scenarios or seeing someone actively v in daily situations in a few day period. how likely is that? really? if I see one person v a year in daily life, it is normal. but 3 times in 3 days. NO. unless you work in a hospital or daycare, no.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    Didn't follow a complete stranger. If you click on the persons name at the top of an entry you can see their profile. Then click on their name in the center box and you can see any activity/posts they start. I've been here for SO long that if someone seems *off* I just investigate. Takes about 15 seconds. I saw that all 3 posts she started were the same - 3 different, yet very VIVID scenarios or seeing someone actively v in daily situations in a few day period. how likely is that? really? if I see one person v a year in daily life, it is normal. but 3 times in 3 days. NO. unless you work in a hospital or daycare, no.
    Noooooooo i meant THEM lol why were THEY following around a complete stranger in a car to see if they were sick. Thats stupid. Sorry but it is. I know what *you* were doing and why lol

Sorry, this is why i shouldnt post late at night when i cant properly forumulate a thought lol

LOLLLLL phew. Yeah, it is all just so suspect. And notice she hasn't responded at all.

I'm pretty suspicious of SadieMay, too. Her posts are just way too out there and she seems to basically post the same post / question over and over and over again.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

SadieMay is the same person as Lesday, possibly. Just so similar with their constant explaining scenarios where they were exposed. Lesdays first post I read and assumed it was SadieMay...

This. Either that, or sadiemay needs serious mental help, daily she has a "new" problem.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

-Walt Disney

I Am (week and day) Pregnant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.