Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I need major help!!!!!

okay so yesterday i let myself go completely. I washed my hands when i came home from church and so did my bf. However, after touching my phone, bible, school stuff i started touching my gum and peppermints and putting them in my mouth. Also, my bf was putting his fingers on my lips. At church last night, I washed my hands and and all that but ate my chips with the same hand that i opened a door knob with. However, the people that opened it right in front of me hadnt been sick. IM SO SCARED ABOUT A SV!!!! someone please help!!
    and now i've been touching door handles at school today and i been touching my bottle cap for my water bottle and it touched the mouth part and then i drunk it and now im worried
    Last edited by sadiemay123; 02-23-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Default Re: I need major help!!!!!

Hey. I'm not sure how old you are or what your financial situation is, but you reallly really should look into therapy. I see all your posts, and living in fear that every little thing you touch during your day to day life is going to infect you with the stomach flu is a VERY unhealthy and horrible way to live your life. And without help, it's only going to get worse, and could turn into agoraphobia. Please seek some help, you deserve better than a life like this.

Default Re: I need major help!!!!!

Hey sadiemay! Firstly, well done for letting yourself go! I used to suffer from OCD so I know how hard it is to change your behaviour and it can be really scary. How are you feeling now? I think you might benefit from some CBT, it really helped me when I was suffering. It was controlling my life and I was miserable. It's hard to take the first step to get help but once you do I promise you it feels like a big relief