Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Scared// women and girls only

I haven't been on in a few months because I'm trying too forget about emet, but I got my period yesterday, and scared to death im going to v because of it. What's the chance I'm going to v?!? I'm terrified of v because of anything, please help. I know friends that v because of it, yesterday I didnt v and today I havent v yet. I don't get any motion sicknesses at I know of, and I was googling it and they said a lot of girls v. Help!!

Default Re: Scared// women and girls only

Do you mean you got it for the first time?

Throwing up from your period is actually not all that common, ignore what the internet says, it only tells you the worst of the worst of every scenario

Well, I had it back in September but haven't had it since, until yesterday. That's good, I'm still terrified I'll get sick though, ugh.

I've never v* from my period. D* occasionally, because the same hormones that cause contractions in your uterus during your period can cause similar contractions in your colon, so that's normal (might not happen, just don't be alarmed if it does ). You'll be fine!

The only time I have ever been even n* during my period is when I have extremely bad cramps. Like the last one I had (the first after baby) I took advil and I was fine.
    Take some midol it will help with the symptoms of your period.
    don't stress over it. I don't know anyone who has v* during their period =)

never v* once, usually get n* for a day or so before, or on the first day but it's usually helped by eating! and peppermint tea is great too. like blueridge said, d* occasionally but it's nothing to worry about! paracetamol is good for cramps and easy on the tummy

I have to echo what the other ladies are saying. I've never v* from my period (and boy there's been a lot of them). I do get n* sometimes but like other's are saying, midol/ibuprophen etc helps for cramps. Eating helps a lot for me. If you like candied ginger I find that helps a lot (or ginger ale or ginger beer). I still get anxious each month too but try your best to stay calm and have comfort in the fact that so much of us go through it and you wont v*. You will be fine

I have met one person in my entire lifetime that vomited during her period, and even then, she had PCOS. Most girls I know don't even get nauseated during their period. No need to worry!

I have never v* as a result of having my period. It CAN mess with my stomach/intestines and give me D* the first day or two sometimes, but I'll take that over the absolutely debilitating cramps I used to get when I was a teenager.

I always have this fear! I get excruciating pains, for one day each month, and I feel n* and feel like I'm gonna have d* and gonna v* for the whole pain period! I never *touch wood* have, though! As bad as the internet makes it sound, I haven't actually heard many girls v* on their period. I know that sometimes (in my mind, anyway!) Stomach pain can automatically="OMG I'M GOING TO V* THIS IS IT THIS IS THE END" but it's actually not like that at all. You may get cramps, I'm not sure to what severity, obviously, but it is very common to get cramps. But v*? Nah, not that common. I suggest taking some pain relief, if you feel the pain come on. Hot water bottle. Hot bath. Chocolate, if you feel up to eating. Think of how many teachers must get theirs, and they're still normally at work everyday, they're hardly ever off because of periods! I'm always around if you wanna talk, and I think you'll be absolutely fine.

Honestly - and I know Im not your mother or a doctor - the best decision I ever made was to go on the pill. Im 32 now and have been on it since I was 18. It absolutely changed my life in terms of being able to function while I have my period. Otherwise, I would spend the first few days in the most miserable awful pain of my life and, not to be too graphic, bleeding SO much and so heavily that I was in the bathroom every hour. Unable to go to school, or work or do ANYTHING other than lay in bed or on the couch popping advil. As ive gotten older, the few light symptoms I have even on the pill have gotten less and less, so it may be something to consider.

I'm always here if you wanna chat.