Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Advice please!!

Default Advice please!!

okay so my friend at school has a sv, and she sits at my table. I need some reassurance to avoid it. Also, today I touched my necklace and my shirt, which when i bent over touched my lips. I touched 2 door knobs earlier before that. A little anxious about that :/

Default Re: Advice please!!

Sadie honey, you're getting really worked up over stuff even the worst of emets don't tend to panic over. Yes, most emets are very vigilant about their hygiene, but they are definitely way less cautious than you seem to feel. Think about this, if most of the members on here generally don't worry about everything, every thing they touch, yet are not getting sick from it, you can safely assume that you will fare the same. I don't mean you should go all out and not wash hands at all, just try to find strength in the fact that if emets are doing it, then it gets the 'emet check'. You will find that as soon as you do stuff you wouldn't usually feel safe doing and time and time again, you end up fine, this phobia will have less and less control over you. We are here for you!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Advice please!!

ugh school is the worst! i think it'll be ok though
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”