Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Eeeeeh. I have to go into work for a meeting thing today at 5 pm. It's now 230 pm. I feel DISGUSTING.

I havereally bad cramps (which is funny 'cause I'm on birthcontrol - thought that was supossed to help). I feel all hot and shaky, and I'm freaking out about this, so i'm getting even more hot and shaky. I just can't calm down.

My mom doesn't want to hear anything of it (she won't listen to me anymore) and I have no one to talk to. I've taken 2 ibuprophens for the pain, but I'm afraid of going in for the meeting and standing around for 3 hours. UGh. I am afraid I'll faint or something worse.

I need help!

First off..when is the last time you ate something? As scary as it may be..i would try and eat something..a piece of fruit..a granola bar..something like that..or drink a glass of juice..orange..or apple maybe.

Im on birth control and i get bad cramps every now and then..you have taken something..so that will help..id eat something...drink some water...or juice..and just sit and relax until its time to go.

You may also take a walk...get some fresh air..and the exercize will help the cramps..at least it did with me...

just try and be calm..relax..take nice deep breaths...drink some fluids..and get soemthing in your tummy!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Cramps are the devil! I hate them! Try putting a cold cloth on the back of your neck to help cool you off and tho it may not help cooling down a heating pad is useful for the cramps. I put it on my lower back which usually seems better than on my abdomen, I dont' know why. The IB shoudl be kicking in soon, keep reminding yourself of that. As for your meeting if they are still really bad about an hour-half hour before it starts you might want to call in or when you go in let the boss know you may be leaving early as your'e not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon! Oh also laying/sitting w/my feet/legs a little elevated helps for soem reason too.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin