Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help

On the 16th of November I was diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection. Later that day I was hospitalized for depression and self injury. In the hospital they took like two more urine tests but never treated my UTI. They said the first test I took showed a mild UTI and the next showed nothing.

I am still having some pain when peeing, especially when I'm finishing up the pee.I'm incredibly tired all the time now.

I was given Bactrim on the 16th from my family doctor but havent taken it since I was in the hospital for a week and they didn't medicate me for the UTI there.

My question: Should I take the Bactrim? Is it possible that the UTI went to my kidneys? Could the UTI be causing my extreme tiredness? AND--has anyone here taken Bactrim? I noticed side effects are nausea and V-ing. Did anyone V or get N from it? Will taking Phenergan with this prevent V? I need to take this medication but I'm scared...

<font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

If you look at the list of side effects for any medication pretty much everything will list n* and v*. I have taken many antibiotics and have never v* from them and its very unlikely that anyone will, but they have to list all the possible side effects to cover themselves. I am pretty sure they will not make you v*, im very allergic to septrin and even that never actually made me v*.

Take the Bactrim. You dont want to risk getting a kidney infection.

ALL medication profiles state that there is a potential side effect of nausea/v*! ALL meds.

The main thing with Bactrim is it makes your thirsty and you need to drink, drink, drink!

I've taken it. It didnt make me sick. I have given it to patients and they have been fine. Drug companies have to cover their butts...KWIM?Edited by: madisonsmom

You can also try drinking lots of barley lemon or cranberry juice, it works wonders for urinary infections. hope you feel better soon

Oh yes, cranberry juice REALLY helps UTIs! I don't particularly like it lol, but you bet i'll drink it when i have a UTI hehe! I agree with them too, that you should take Bactrim. I think i took that for the very same reason, and didn't v* from it :-) BEST of luck, Hun!! You'll do fine :-)

Keep us posted!

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by mystikal star
    My question: Should I take
    the Bactrim? Is it possible that the UTI went to my kidneys? Could the
    UTI be causing my extreme tiredness? AND--has anyone here taken
    Bactrim? I noticed side effects are nausea and V-ing. Did anyone V or
    get N from it? Will taking Phenergan with this prevent V? I need to
    take this medication but I'm scared...

</font>

If I were you, I'd ask your doctor. If you don't believe what they tell
    you then ask another doctor. Mixing a bunch of different medications
    doesn't sound like a real safe idea, especially for someone trying to
    avoid side effects. If I was asking for advice on what
    medications to take from an Internet forum rather than a doctor, I
    would be scared too.

I have had a kidney infection and uti's many times, and taken bactrim and no v* no n*, take it even if there is a mild infection, it can turn into a big one if not treated.

I had to take Bactrim once for a UTI and I was completely fine. Like everyone said they have to say that N* and V* are a side effect because SOME weird people who V* at the drop of a hat to feel better have probably V*ed while taking the medication. You'll be fine!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!