Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help, please...and sorry to bother you...

So sorry to bother y'all. I'm freaking out with the worst panic attack I've had in years. I've felt icky all day and am super stressed (plus didn't really sleep last night. Panic attacks have been building all day and it's at its peak.

I'm so afraid that this is the "real" thing and not just mental. But I haven't been around anyone sicK. I also took a Zofran so should be ok. Still....I just want to cry. Hate this phobia!

Again, sorry to bother you guys with this.

Default Re: Help, please...and sorry to bother you...

But I haven't been around anyone sicK.
    As I said recently to somebody, virus particles don't just appear out of thin air (thank goodness!), they have to be put there by people who are ill. So if you've not been around anybody who is ill, your risk of actually catching anything is so low it pales into insignificance. I know it's hard not to panic over these things, believe me I panic too - over the least little thing sometimes. Now, you also mention that you've taken a Zofran, that's a powerful antiemitic, so even if you had caught something (which I promise you, you haven't - but let's run with this impossibility for now), you wouldn't v* or even get close to it.

Seriously, don't worry, you're going to be just fine!

Ps. You're not bothering anyone and you don't need to be sorry, the whole point of this forum is so we can support each-other
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.