Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Rough morning

Default Rough morning

Omg.. I got out of bed and was so dizzy I couldn't walk straight. I know it is my ears but it set me off in to the wonderful world of "what if I get n*? " thinking. In reality it really was disturbing but my head blew it waay out of proportion. I managed to get my morning routine done but I am wrung out. Had to take my emergency xanax.. I'm thankful for them, only take once in a while if I'm really freaked out. This phobia sucks, it's my reaction to sll the stress lately.. My sister had a heart attack and has been in and out of the hospital and my Mom had to go to er because of high blood pressure and pulse.. But she's ok now. Guess it's my turn to break down. Hope I can rest a bit and get back at it.. Sorry I wrote a book.. The med is kicking in and I'm relieved. Thanks for listening.

Default Re: Rough morning

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and your mom, I hope they're both doing ok now. Second of all, it tugs my heart strings to read your post, believe it or not I went through the exact same feeling just the other day. Unfortunately I don't have any xanax, so a rather depressing panic post on the forums was about all I could do to manage. It's an awful feeling, truly awful, but that is what stress does to us. Get some rest if you can, it will do you the world of good to take a break, especially after you've troopered on and worn yourself out this morning, and seriously, I have no idea how you managed so well, but I have the upmost respect! You certainly managed better than me! Having had no sleep in two days at least, and stress like there's no tomorrow, I've just been giving in and cancelling my plans. It takes a truly strong mind to push through these tough times, and you've already proven that you can do it. Like you say, I think some well deserved rest is in order, just remember not to work too hard and burn yourself out!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

How sweet, thank you so much for the kind words. For you to muscle through without meds is remarkable. It's getting very difficult to get it anymore. We have a drug epidemic in our area so its a nightmare to get anti-anxiety meds. I had to go to therapy for 6 months for them to realize I'm not drug seeking. I take about 1 a month and I don't think they believed me at first... .but it does help when the anxiety gets bad. Don't beat yourself up for canceling plans, allow yourself the rest you need. Hope you feel better soon.

How are you feeling today? So, last time I gave up the antiemitics, I relapsed after a week because of my dad falling ill. This time it's been about a week in and today two of my family have been ill. But this time I've been thinking to myself about how you've gone without meds for so long and are somehow managing despite all the stress you've been going through, and I've decided that whatever happens, I can't give in. So I just wanted to say thank you, for being the catalyst I needed to stick it out today.
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

I'm doing ok.. stressed.. Did a little workout now I think I feel better.. not sure.. Thanks for asking. My therapists keeps want me to take a ssri but I won't, I am afraid of the side effects. They gave my sister Celexa and it gave her the worst panic attack ever ( and she doesn't have the anxiety I do) and she is so anxious now, even 4 days after stopping the meds.. She is furious that they give that to her after the heart attack.. I went through a wonderful anxiety program years ago and learned some skills that help me through. I am on the fence about Meds though, I think it is harmful to carry around all this stress, so if it helps make you more comfortable then do it. I just wish something could take this phobia away.