Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help

Default Help

Been n* on and off for about 3 hours but was so tired (its 3.40 in the morn) that Ive slept in between waves of n*. About 15 mins I jumped out of bed thinking I was gonna v*. Im in full on panic now. I literally can hardly type this cos Im shaking so much. Ive got a cold flannel on back of my neck and am rocking back n fore trying to stop the v* coming up. I think Im gonna lose the battle. Ive taken anti-emetics over last couple of hours and have a buccastem dissoluble tablet on my gum at the moment. Oh my God help......

Default Re: Help

The exact same thing happened to me not so long ago, I wrote a thread about it here: http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...ed-Well-Almost!

I didn't v* at all, and also took the buccastem M tablet (the one you put between your gum and your lip), it all helped to stop me. In my case getting some cold fresh air outside helped me, I focused on my breathing and kept telling myself that this is my body and my mind and I am in control, and if I don't want to v* then I'm not going to v*! The antiemitics will do their work, you might feel pretty close to v* like I did, but the antiemitics will stop you.

Hang on in there Claire, these feelings don't last forever, it will all be over so soon!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Its comforting to know you've gone through something similar and not v*. Im so tired I just nodded off whilst propped up leaning on my hand and jolted myself awake lol. Im too scared to relax so I cant sleep yet. At the moment the n* has eased but its there lurking in the background My stomach feels tender and basically Im terrified... The cold flannel has made my pj top wet too which is uncomfortable but I dont want to take it off my neck cos anything I perceive to be helping I want to continue with it. Ive got a hot water bottle on my belly - I look a right state

I kept myself awake too, up to the point where I could physically no longer keep my eyes open, because I was worried about that residual n* that seemed to be lingering on. You do whatever you have to in order to feel comfortable. A tender stomach can be caused by all sorts of different things, when my IBS flares up I get bloated and my stomach is super tender. Remember too that those antiemitics you took will be hard at work by now also. I'll be honest, I didn't start to feel better until I woke up the next morning, so give it time and don't worry if you suddenly feel the n* coming back again, that doesn't mean you're going to v*, in fact that is what happened to me several times. And each time it happened I had a panic attack but didn't v* at all.

Don't worry about what you look like, if you'd have seen how I was, totally naked, laying curled up on the bathroom floor, covered in blood from having accidentally smashed a mirror when trying to stop myself from v*, I looked like an addict out of Trainspotting
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Hahaha lol That really cheered me up!! Ye the n* eased off but is now building again but thank you for actually making me laugh out loud despite everything

Now my head and my stomach hurt and I feel achy. The n* is also getting stronger

I'm sorry to hear that it's getting worse Just remember that there are many different reasons why you might be feeling that way. Does your stomach feel crampy or achey?

Achy. Ive just been to the loo but it hasnt made any difference. My whole body is now aching. I feel so sorry for myself its pathetic. Ive heard that noro can cause you to have aches which is not what I want this to be. A woman at work with me is just recovering from noro - she came down with it week last thursday but has been so weak she still isnt back in work. I suppose I could have picked it up from touching things she had touched previously.

You said she hasn't been at work since she came down with it, if she hasn't been back to work since she was ill then it's unlikely you've picked anything up from her. Even in the worst case scenario, if you do have noro, remember that not everybody v*, the statistics show that only about 49% of people actually v*. And that statistic is probably even lower for us emets, since we take other measures to stop ourselves from v* such as taking antiemitics and fighting it off etc.

Remember that the flu causes all of the symptoms you're experiencing, it doesn't always cause a runny or blocked nose, sneezing and coughing - that in fact is a common misconception. And a large number of people don't v* with the flu. Don't give up hope Claire, you can make it through this!

Aw thank you so much for helping me through a pretty rough night. All I hope is I can fight off the urge to v*, get some sleep and wake up feeling good.

You're most welcome, I should be around for most of the day - popping in and out - so I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you're doing. I hope you manage to get some sleep and wake up feeling great! Don't forget, I'm only ever at the end of a post if you need me

How are you doing today Claire?