Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worried and can't get it off my mind

Hi everyone

Have to get this off my chest and out there as I can't get this thought out of my head.

Yesterday (Sunday) myself, my husband and 4 year old daughter went to the baptism of my baby niece. When we came out of church we went and had a lovely buffet lunch and I started to speak to one of the 'new' godparents. She said her youngest had been very unwell with tonsillitis the previous week and then proceeded to tell me that her other child had vomited twice on Friday night. Cue me going into total panic mode as it was now only Sunday and the 48 hour period was not yet up!

My daughter had been running around with aforementioned child and had got close to her and probably touched her at some point.

I made sure my daughter washed her hands before eating the lunch and even used an anti-viral foam on her hands too.

Now I am worried that she has picked something up from this other girl. I feel it is just a waiting game...........

Default Re: Worried and can't get it off my mind

How is she doing now? How are you doing now?

I'm so sorry that this has brought on panic for you. I know I would probably be in the same boat as you if it were me. xx

Default Re: Worried and can't get it off my mind

it's been a good few days and I am sure the mom washed her before she came. also, if she was RUNNING around, I don't think she was sick sick. it may have been a mild virus or something she ate, who knows. depending on her age, it may not have even been a virus.

it is already Monday...so if she is fine tonight, you are totally fine.