Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Finally here

So, obviously I am new here, but not really. I have been reading everones posts since april but somehow could never have my membership activated, but YAY! here I am!

I have suffered from emetophobia since I can remember. I haven't been sick in 20 years (knock on wood). I have so much that I want to talk about. The good thing is that my boyfriend is as terrified of spiders as I am of v*. This makes it easier on our relationship since we both understand the nightmares, the sweats, the heart racing feelings, and the panic that comes with being afraid of something.

I look forward to talking with everyone FINALLY(!) and sharing my experiences![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Welcome beadgirl!!

Since you have been reading posts for so long, I don't need to tell you everyone here is great! Look forward to seeing you around!!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thanks Crystal!

Everyone on here is so great, you are absolutely right! I see a little bit of myself in each and everyone of you! Let's just pray that this is a relatively sv free winter. So, here's a quick tip that I don't think anyone has mentioned. Years ago, I heard that potatoes were great for fighting viruses. I was glad because I love potatoes. Apparently one potato has more vitamin c than a glass of orange juice (and I am sure much more gentle on our 'delicate' stomachs). Thanks again!

Great tip!! Also, another tip noone has mentioned, that my mom brought to my attention. (I'm not sure if this is only about colder climates), but if you take a brisk walk in the cooler air once a day, you can ward off viruses.

Apparently, years ago when TB was rampid (sp?) they used to make the nurses who worked with TB patients talk a walk (this is like in the arctic), one hour, everyday, and not ONE caught TB! Food for thought.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Welcome beadgirl.

Thanks for your tip. Isn't it funny that we all typically have sensitive stomachs? I guess it's from our stress and anxiety. I am high-strung even when it's not on my mind (like summer months), and I assume that most emets are like that naturally as well.

crystalmom:

Yes, come to think of it I did hear that germs were suceptible to cold. When we're having a warm winter here and lots of bugs go around, I hear lots of people saying things like "we need a good cold day to kill off all the ilnesses going around"

kerryrob