Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so I nanny a 15 year old, who lives on the same property but in a house with four other roomates. Well I went inside the house to get her for school, and on one of the roomates doors it said " Quarintine Note. Please don't distrub. I'm sick. I will see you in a week or so. " I totally freaked out! Does this mean she has a sv or a cold/flu??? Because I would think if she was v* and d* she wouldn't say see you in a week or so. I'm totally freaking out because I was in the house just yesterday doing my laundry, and the germs can be all over my clothes. Also if she is sick, then the 15 can be carring the germs, or even get sick from her, and she goes in my car! I'm totally freaked out. I don't want to get sick from her. I'm trying to hope that its just a cold or something, because I think that makes more sense in the "week" thing. Also my 15 year old was sick for the last almost two weeks with a really bad cough, and cold, she couldn't sleep and like didn't go to school for a week...so maybe the other roomate got that from her? I'm really scared. I guess I have to wait till after class and ask my 15 year old what is wrong with the roomate. What if she doesnt know?? Ah. THe 15 year old doesnt know I have emets. What is your guess on the situation??? How likly will it be that I catch it??
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I say take a deep breath and relax...generally we all come in contact with people who are/have/will be sick in the near future, and if we all start thinking of the chain reaction "I was in the same room with this person, who may have had this at this time..." we'll drive ourselves mad.

It honestly could just be a bad cold, strep, or even a migraine. Hell, if she is 15, it could just be that she wants some sleep and is taking preventive measures so that she is not disturbed (lol, I'm sure we've all faked illness at one time or another).

Ask the 15 year old if she knows what illness is plaguing her roomie, but if the answer is a possible source of anxiety (if it is a bug), then maybe you are just better off not knowing? I know for myself if a friend of mine vomitted the day before, I would rather just not know so I won't constantly be thinking of the possibility that they may be sick while I am around. You may want to also consider having a talk to your 15 year old about your emet...just in case you encounter a situation and start to panic while she is around.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well at least she quarantined herself LOL.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

That's a new one.

RE the germs, unless she was dispelling bodily fluids on your clothes,
    just throw them in the washing machine and dryer and they'll be good as
    new. Don't forget our clothes are usally made in 3rd world
    countries with lots of infectious diseases and there was a serious risk
    there, I'd be a nudist. And I'm not. If you've ever seen any TV footage
    of those factories, like the Nike plant and toy factories, all the
    workers wear surgical masks and gloves. Which is scary and comforting
    at the same time.

Thanks in an hour I get to ask my 15 year old what is wrong with the roomie. I'm nervous, but trying to think positively and that I won't get anything considering I don't spend time with her. I just hope my 15 year stays healthy, and me, and everyone else in the whole world.
    I love Sam