Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP Nausea for a weak, now hospitalized, now headache and can barely eat

Hey guys I really need clearance here, I'm very panicked.

A week ago I had one night of body ache, but it went away. Since then I couldn't really eat, drink, and can t swallow anti emetics. My daily panic got so bad I was taken in by a psychiatry for crisis. Now I've been here one night and two days and the caretakers keep saying in just hungry.
    I've managed to eat a bit today but I'm still very n*. I haven't v* But often felt like I had to. I also only had d* twice with a daybreak iin between.

Now I have also gotten headaches, I feel like my heads getting hot and my nose burns and I'm very scared.

The window was open all day and I didn't have fever before either.
    What's wrong with me, am I getting a stomach bug now after a weak of nausea??

Default Re: HELP Nausea for a weak, now hospitalized, now headache and can barely eat

As I just said to somebody on another thread, there is no such thing as "time delay v*", if you do have an SB and you're going to v*, then you'll feel super n* for a few hours at most before it happens. The whole idea that we can be n* for days or even weeks before our bodies finally give in and v* is really just an emet myth.

I couldn't say exactly what is wrong (I'm not a doctor), but it does sound like you might be dehydrated, those are exactly the kind of symptoms that I have when I don't drink very much. Try to sip some water (room temperature, not ice cold) if you can, don't rush it, just sip it and take your time, it might even take you a few hours just to finish a small glass, but that's ok - go at your own pace, so long as you are drinking something. Gradually as your body starts to get fluids, the light headedness and n* will ease and you may even feel like eating something too.

My honest and informed opinion is that you don't have an SB, you just sound dehydrated. I know you said you can't really drink, but if you take very small sips of water (even if it's just drops), then you should find you can swallow these without too much trouble (I do know the feeling you mean, my throat sometimes closes up when I have one of my pain attacks, but small sips are still ok).

Anyway, I hope you start go feel better soon!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Default Re: HELP Nausea for a weak, now hospitalized, now headache and can barely eat

I agree with the OP. I don't believe you have a SB, or ieven if you do, you would have v* by now. Your mind can make your body feel incredibly ill, as all who've had panic attacks can attest to. If I have low grade anxiety or drink too much coffee I'll feel n* for hours and then have more anxiety because of that. Some times if I'm super hungry or dehydrated it's the same. Once I eat or chill out I'm all better. My suspicion is that you started panicking after you night of achiness and just ran with it. Not eating and drinking will definitely cause n* and headaches. Try to eat and drink a lot of water. I'm sure you're just fine, I've literally worried myself "sick" like that for days before too. Find the courage to be okay and eat something. You'll feel better in no time!

I hope you've been able to get some relief. Try to eat, that is most likely making you feel so much worse. Can't they give you something to help you relax? I know when I get myself all worked up in a panic it can take a couple of days to get past it without something to help me sleep. But remember it will pass and if it were a sv, it would be over by now. Take care of yourself.

hey.. drinking did help a bit, but this morning I had d* and now I'm feeling sick again.... I'm really worried and scared to eat....

Do you think your anxiety could be causing your *d? I know that can happen to me sometimes. Are you still hospitalized? Do you have someone you could call to come and sit with you and help you relax?

I can't take it anymore. The n isn't stopping, I'm going crazy. I can't eat, no one's taking me seriously! I can barely drink and I can't get out of bed. The doctor couldn't find anything and my bloods fine too... I cant swallow antiemetics still, I just want this to stop

I forgot to add eating makes me sick too. Idk why I have d sometimes, sometimes I'm fine, sometimes I don't need to use the potty at all!

Do you have someone to help you? Talk to someone, let them know what is going on with you. Go back to the hospital if you have to, seek help please. If you need meds, they can give them to you via I.V.

I agree with horsewoman, it could be something more serious that's causing you these problems - so your best bet is to try and find somebody with some medical training to check you over
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

Are you at home by yourself?

no I came to the psychiatric hospital on thursday because of the persistant panic and nausea...they took my blood and want a urine sample but I can only give it next monday. I tried the regular hospital before but they were full and didn't take me. The doc I sought before that just wanted to get rid of me, gave mea natural anti emetic and said iI have a SB although he knew that petrified me. (supposedly he was also psychologist and claimed the bug came through the window, that was 4 days ago.)

to cut it short no one's taking me seriously here either and even though here's nurses I feel left alone

Do you have any family that you could call? What are your current symptoms? If it was a SB, you would've already been *s. Why can't you swallow your pills?

I'm kinda here because my parents are sick of being called, even my social worker is fed up.. I was given fluid weak anti emetics a few hours ago and right now I have gas, stomach rumbles and I think reflux is going on right now..
    I cant drink much and have trouble swallowing pills even without nausea already so yeah...

I can't even sleep..I'm so scared of another day of suffering

How old are you? Sorry you're having such a difficult time. I hope you were able to get some rest.

im 20
    I could sleep at 6am but now I tried to eat a bit and I feel immediately sick and bloated

Can you get an IV anti-anxiety medication?

no... but I ate something today I hope it stays down

Meruru, not quite sure what would make you feel better: hearing that you DO have a sv or some other real physical ailment, OR that there's nothing wrong and this is all anxiety.

but given that you're in the hospital, they've found nothing wrong with you and you're not ving... I am 100% certain (of course in my non-medical professional opinion) that this is anxiety. in fact, I'd bet that if they gave you a lorazepam or some other anti anxiety drug you'd feel MUCH better, and then end up fine. As for antinausea Meds, I've heard zofran comes in a dissolvable pill. Maybe you could try asking for it. But I think what would be more constructive is anti anxiety Meds. most are tiny, but if you still can't swallow them break them up. Chew them. Whatever.

(when you're better, you'll need to learn to swallow pills. I had trouble too, but then I just realized it's all a mind game- if you can swallow pieces of food 40x the size of a pill, you can swallow a pill. It also helps if you hold a gulp of water in your mouth first and THEN out the pill in and swallow.)

I'm a little confused. Are you still in the psychiatric hospital? If so, why won't they give you something for anxiety? If your bloodwork came back fine, you're fine. I am certain this anxiety, hunger, dehydration, is messing up your body and making you feel terrible. And yes I agree it's very important to learn to swallow pills. My mom never learned, she had a phobia of it pretty much, and anytime she had to take something she'd have to crush it up and put it in juice. Pretty gross and also less effective. Anyway I hope you start feeling better soon.

How's it going, OP? Did they send you home yet? If not, what is their plan with you? How are they planning on treating you?

It taste aweful but you can dissolve some meds under your tongue. I do it with my anti anxiety meds if I'm having a panic attack. I sure hope you're felling better.

First of all, I disagree with the people that are saying there's physically nothing wrong with you "since your bloodwork came back fine", because that all depends on what they are looking for. At the moment, I would say that you really need water and nutrients, so even if there was nothing physically wrong with you to begin with (which is very likely), you still need to be treated as a patient with a health problem right now. I'm sure you know all that. If the place you are at now refuses to give you an IV, I would encourage you to please seek medical treatment somewhere else, as it sounds as if you are dehydrated and undernourished. If they are telling you that you don't need an IV because physically you are perfectly fine, they are not good at being doctors. Be safe, dear.

How are you?

Sorry my internet died!!! Thank you all for your messages.

I managed to start drinking after a while and soon eating and regained my appetite.
    However I now got a cold and for some reason it gives me weird n and and upset stomach. No d. I'll be discharged soon but they sure were no help at all.My therapist there even told me she's mad because I had panic attacks and stressed other patients with it and "refused" to use coping skills! (I tried, nothing helped)

Oh, I'm glad you're ok. I hope you find something that can help you cope during these hard times. Best wishes.. Maybe you need a new therapist.. Idk..

Agree with horsewoman. Get a new therapist.

Well she was only my therapist at the hospital, I don't actually have a regular therapist at the moment
    by the way is nausea with a cold normal?