Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cleaning it up

Default Cleaning it up

I have a question...so if you can catch the *sv from *v and your kid *v on the carpet, won't everyone track the germs all over the house? Obviously you'd clean it up well, but how can you be sure you got it all? What about the leftover particles? How do you kill it on the carpet?

Default Re: Cleaning it up

Not necessarily Tasmith ~ the vast majority of the virus particles will actually sink to the bottom layer of the carpet and get trapped between the fibres, so relatively few will be carried throughout the house. I'm not quite sure of the best way to clean it up (perhaps someone here more experienced will know!)... A diluted bleach solution is your safest option here, a quick Google search turns up this handy guide:- http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how...t-using-bleach ... The quantities of bleach involved should be more than enough to kill off the virus without damaging your carpet.

Edit: Argh, consequence of being tired I actually advocated bleaching a carpet without mentioning that you should never do that unless it's a dire emergency, or the carpet is white to begin with... Hopefully somebody will have some better tips! A good spray with something like Dettol or other disinfectant (benzalkonium chloride based) will also kill off the viruses but is less liable to damage your carpet! (read the bottle first though, some products aren't carpet friendly)
    Last edited by SilentFrog; 03-14-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

What is Dettol? Would a steam cleaner get most of the nastiness up?

The British equivalent of Lysol ~ Yes a steam cleaner is perfect and will kill off all those nasties whilst of course doing no damage at all, great suggestion!
    The frog has retired. Occasionally he reads PMs, when he isn't hopping around happily from one lily pad to another. He wishes you all the very best, and hopes that you find the archive of his posts informative.

I thought that Lysol didn't kill Noro or Roto?

Have a look at this table:

http://www.reckittprofessional.com/p...=PL&template=1

You'll notice that it's been tested against the Norovirus surrogate (Feline Calicivirus) which means it should in theory also work against Norovirus. It has also been proven to kill Rotavirus and Adenovirus (Type II)

Is that regular Lysol or a special one you have to order? I've heard the Lysol 2 or 3 or whatever is better.

Lysol 3 is the one that kills noro.
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Thank you!