Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone. Is there anyone else out there that doesnt have a job like me and therefore cant get any medical help? I dont know what else to do. I work from home...but dont nearly make enough to pay any sort of medical bills. How am I going to get over this if I cant get help? Are there any books around? Any self help techniques? I am so desperately looking to get better, and it just seems that there is no hope. I feel so depressed and full of panic. Im running out of ideas. Is there any hope for me?
    *Mandi*

Awww Hun, I can relate about not having money for help. I was recently laid-off from my job due to lack of work at this time of year, and i was forced to give up my insurance because i couldn't afford to keep it up while only getting unemployment checks. I wish i had answers for you, but i'm in the same boat as you are!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Mandi, you can definitely help yourself as long as you've got the motivation to do it. Buy the Anxiety and Phobia workbook by Bourne ($20 at Barnes and Noble, I bought mine for $14 off of Amazon.com). Read through the book, and work on the exercises in there religiously, especially the stuff about relaxation, stopping anxious thoughts and exposure therapy. Write out a schedule for yourself to follow and stick to it. See if you can have your b/f help you, or at least have him help keep you motivated. My therapist used a lot of the very same techniques as used in this book, you just need a lot of self-motivation to work through the exercises. There isa way out of this hellhole of emet, even without insurance.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Not having a health plan is just as much a problem for those with jobs
    as it is for those without jobs. But I'm not going to go off on a rant
    about that again. Even those with health insurance may find themselves
    without coverage for things such as this anyway.

Remember that when you cast your vote in 2008.

Edited by: liriodendron

Hey KEl...have you found this book useful? Or has it helped you? I will definately check it out and buy it. I'll do anything!

*Mandi*

I've definitely found the book to be helpful. It goes over a lot of stuff my therapist and I have done, so if I want to review something, it's right there. There's tons of info in the book about exposure therapy and panic/anxiety.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Check to see if your community has a mental health clinic. Most counties have them and you can be seen on a sliding pay scale.
    \"This too shall pass\"