Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Have you ever fainted?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 54.29%
  • No

16 45.71%

Default Have you ever fainted?

Please tell.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Have you ever fainted?

No, but I have been close.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

Thanks for starting this poll! I'll recap my fainting experience!

On December 27 (yes I'll always remember now) lol, I fainted for the first time ever! My boyfriend and I went to a friends Christmas party. I remember feeling a little fatigued all day but felt fine nonetheless. Ate a lot. Drank not nearly enough water as I usually do but still had some liquids. Felt thirsty before leaving for the party but didn't drink any water. Poured some wine at the party and sipped on that. Stood in the kitchen, in heels, for about an hour before it happened. I was very irritated and distracted. Couldn't concentrate on what people were saying nor did I want to lol. I really wanted to sit down and kept having the urge to pour my wine out and get water. But I didn't. Suddenly got very hot. About 5-10 min later I got really lightheaded. Just a strange sensation in my head. I knew something was going to happen. Then my vision started going black and my hearing went. I said to my boyfriend I'm going to pass out!! I layed my head on his shoulder and I then felt my legs and arms go limp. Woke up on the kitchen floor and popped up right away! Luckily only a few people saw what happened. I felt fine afterward other than feeling shocked and my cheeks were tingling. Went to the doctor a week later had blood work done. Everything normal. I guess I just needed more water? Who knows.

The last time I have a sv* (about a year 1/2 ago) I almost fainted right after I v* I held it together and got myself to my bed and felt better. The sv* was running through my house (my kids had it first) so I wasn't eating/drinking properly the days leading up to it so I think that was the reason. The other time I remember, I was 16, and we were at a spring with my family and some friends. I was really hungry and it was really hot out and I was sitting on a log watching people swing from a rope into the water all of a sudden I felt really sweaty/hot and weak. Next thing I know I'm falling over into the water, I know right, scary! I woke up and hurried and swam back to our boat and ate my lunch and drank a bunch of water. I think my blood sugar got too low or something.

I was close, I went on the Hulk at Universal and almost fainted on the first hill going down.

Once when I sliced my thumb open really badly. I was home alone, cutting a piece of ice cream cake, believe it or not. I should have waited a little longer for it to soften up, or run the knife under hotter water.... Anyway, I put so much pressure behind cutting it, that as the knife got through the center of the cake, it basically just shot out and went right through the side of my thumb/hand. I'm really bad with loads of blood - worse when it's my own - and I immediately hit the floor when I saw it. I'm still not sure how long I was out for.

called my friend who is a nurse (since my bf was at work and at the time we only had one car), explained the whole thing to her and she told me what to do to patch myself up. Thankfully, for as bad as it was, I didn't need stitches!

then, I almost passed out last year when I broke the heel of my foot. I'd slipped in the rain, in flip flops coming out of the house and the door slammed shut on my foot. My bf got me back upstairs to our apartment and put my foot up on the couch to check it, but the pain was so excruciating that I almost passed out.

Io have low blood pressure, so I have fainted multiple times. The first time I was at the doctors office because I had strep throat with a high fever. They gave me an antibiotic in the form of 2 shots in the rear end, and when I went to stand up I passed out. Also, the AC in the doctors office was broken that day and it was a hot summer afternoon!

Another time I fainted while shadowing a podiatrist (foot doctor) and he was removing a wart from someone's foot. The tool he used essentially burned off the wart and the smell was so bas that I fainted. I was so embarrassed!

Me too! I could feel myself blacking out!

I didn't vote but I almost have. Once when my grandma passed away and I had a severe, very severe panic attack in the hospital waiting room. My dad had to tell me to breathe and put my head down and stuff. It was scary.

Then, another time when I was in labor and being prepped for emergency c section. I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours, no water, had a bunch of meds in me and freaked out.

When I was ten years old, I fainted & had a seizure, for unknown reasons. It was the scariest thing ever. And now beind dizzy/fainting/seizures is another one of my phobias!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

You need an option for "almost" LOL. I almost fainted from a vasovagal response. Kind of weird but I was constipated, and the pressure from it pressed on the large vagus nerve that controls many reactions. I felt lightheaded, then my vision started to go black. I quickly went and lied down so essentially prevented myself from fainting. I remember, too, my hearing sounded "sizzly." Very strange...lasted only a few minutes.

And something similar happened when I was pregnant. I was standing at the computer and got those same symptoms...went and lied down, and it passed. My doc said that can happen when you are pregnant and stand in one position for a long time. Who knew??

I fainted once a couple summers ago because my anxiety was incredibly high, I hadn't been drinking well, and it was an extremely hot day.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

I have constant low blood pressure so I feel faint quite a lot. The last time I fainted was last year after I had a blood test. I was stupid and didn't sit down after having it so as soon as I got outside I fainted. I hurt my head quite bad as well. :/
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Yes , on my period . I am anemic could be the reason why.

I have! This happened nearly a decade ago when I was in middle school. I was in gym class and this kid was running towards me and managed to knock me down, I smacked my head really hard on the ground and fainted.

I woke up to a bunch of my classmates staring at me while I was laying on the floor and had the wind knocked out of me.