Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am so sick of this!!!

I am so tired of being paranoid about everything.

For the past week it has all been a nightmare. First it was my son almost getting car sick, then it was my daughters really runny poops, then today my son said something "came up and burned his throat", and now my two year old keeps saying her "tummy aches".

I am just a mess. I'm shaking, I'm crying, my stomach is making awful noises....I can't take this. Me and my husband are supposed to go on vacation this weekend and I'm just a huge train wreck.

I just pray it is nothing. I pray she's being dramatic. I cannot deal with this anymore, I am about to lose it and end up in the mental hospital again. 😔

Default Re: I am so sick of this!!!

I have been where you are. My younger sin had rota virus at age two which just about did me in. Fortunately my husband took pity on me and got his sister to come over and take care of the boys so I could sleep and be left alone. It was wonderful. Is there anyone who can take over for you for just a day so you can relax and pull yourself together?

My husband is here, but it's not like I can leave. I worry about him taking care of things (in the rare case she is sick) because we Re leaving Sat night. If he gets sick then it will spread around and possibly ruin our trip that's been planned for almost a year.

Is it possible you're having some anxiety about your trip? Vacations can be really stressful for us, all the packing, travel, thinking "what if this and what if that" Try to imagine you're already there and relaxed and enjoying yourself. Kids, especially little ones get things we're already immune to. I'm sure it will be fine. I sometimes think to myself how healthy really am physically but the thoughts are making me sick, It's not real. I hope you're feeling better and can enjoy your vacation.