Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Little bit nervous...

My 22 month old daughter had a bit of d* a few hours ago. Around 10:50am she got super tired, went upstairs and got her soother and her elmo that she sleeps with and wanted to go to bed. She goes for a nap at noon every day, or 12:30, and is always fine until then. Anyway, I made lunch like usual at 11am, and she ate a huge lunch....big bowl of noodles, some apple slices, and a wafer cookie. She was still acting tired though. She felt a touch warm, so I took her temperature and she was at 37.4......my kids are always between 36.8-37.2 (if they've been running around), so 37.4 means the start of a fever for her.

I am kind of nervous. I just put her down for a nap, and I'm scared she's going to wake up v*'ing. I'm assuming the fact she has an appetite is a good thing, but I'm still nervous. She doesn't normally ever get d*. It was just the one time, and it was half normal half d*.

Default Re: Little bit nervous...

Kids get sick a lot. Do you have a fear of her v*ing, or yourself v*ing? Or both?

maybe she just has a little bug coming on (not sv)? so many reasons kids get fevers at that age. at 22 mo it can be rota, a regular virus that doesn't really affect adults, etc.

She was FINE. I guess she was just warm from running around with her sisters maybe. She woke up from her nap totally fine and has been fine ever since. Definitely not a bug.

I have a fear of both myself and my kids v*ing.

I was going to say that I thought it was nothing. Both of my kids got tiny fevers now and then, especially after playing when they were little. It never amounted to anything. When they had a sv* there was no question, it always started with the v* and THEN came the fever. Glad everything turned out ok!