Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Good and bad

Hi

I usually never order burgers from take away places but yesterday I was babysitting my friend's daughter and we were going to order food. I kept thinking of what I could order that would be the least scary thing for me to eat even though I really wanted to try a bacon burger. And in the end I did and hooray for me for daring that.

But boo, today my mom told me that they had said on the news yesterday that some shops had been selling bad bacon. I can't believe that it had to be bacon of all things...now I am worried that I might get sick from it.

It has been 24 hours and I feel okay.....would I have felt bad by now if it was bad?

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Edited by: deez

If you were going to become ill, I'm pretty sure you would be beginning to feel it by now. Give it another day to set in, but just remember.. they said SOME SHOPS... not all. The chances are in your favor that you went to a good shop, and are perfectly fine.

Don't panic unless you begin to feel sick... until then, just assume that the burger you ate was the best!Edited by: tayda
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Thank you tayda. I hope I went to a good one. I was making sure the burger would be very well done - I asked them to - but then this bacon thing. Ugh.

Thanks though. I will try not to panic too much

Chances are slim that you ate bad bacon. Think of it this way...you JUST found out after eating it, that there was bad bacon in certain shops, i'm sure the bacon used in the place you ordered from, had their bacon long before this. Bacon can keep for a long time..heck now they sell bacon pre-cooked and you can keep it unrefrigerated until you open the box hehe!

No, i honestly wouldn't worry about that :-) Especially since it's been well over 24 hours and you feel fine :-)

But since you know about the bad bacon around your area, i wouldn't temp fate and eat any more bacon from this point on, until you hear it's safe and they found their source :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

You might have a food safety board in your country that posts the
    recalls on a website or makes them available some other way. It
    isn't always some kind of germ or spoiled product, sometimes they
    forget to list certain ingredients on the label or something along
    those lines. Then again I keep hearing "something's rotton in
    Demark"

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks guys I am still feeling fine so I think I am safe. Meercat, I had actually just bought bacon the other day but not used it yet and I will just throw it away. Not taking any chances.

"something's rotton in Demark" [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]LOL

I don't blame you there, Deez. I'd probably throw it away too. Better to be safe than sorry :-) That's the motto i live by...If i ain't sure, i ain't eating it! hehe!
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Even though it sounds as if all the worries have been alleviated, I thought I would just chime in to say that FP generally shows up within 6 to 12 hours of eating thebad food.

Good for future reference.

hey deez!!

sorry i missed your post but glad to hear you are all fine!!

K x