Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So nervous about daughter having *sv

So yesterday, my 3 and 1/2 year old woke up *v, and then *v again, but was done by 8am yesterday. The second time she *v, I was holding the bucket (ugh). Nothing splattered on me, although some went on the blanket that was covering her, and the couch. I've been washing my hands like a ninja, and sanitizing like crazy. how long do you think before I'm in the clear? I am so tired of being so anxious all the time. Is this season over yet?!?!

Default Re: So nervous about daughter having *sv

Given that she's so young and it passed so quickly I doubt that it was actually a virus. You mentioned a cough. If it happened right upon waking it was more likely to be due to mucous. I know you'll worry regardless, but honestly even if it was a sv* you sound like you've cleaned up well! If you're the one doing the 'wiping' when she goes #2, just make sure to scrub your hand well and bleach down the toilet after she's through (like a quick spray, not a fully scrub down). I don't think you have anything to worry about, honestly, I don't!

Ok, this is my third or fourth attempt at responding. I've "responded" before, and it says it's going to a moderator, and then never gets posted. Is that normal? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Who knows! I'll see if this works. It's been 60 hours (yes I"m counting) since my daughter last v*. I'm SO praying I'm in the clear. Although, she had a little bit of d* this evening, and didn't really seem hungry. But she was in a good mood, and seemed like she felt fine. Then I ended up with d* about 4 times tonight already. Although I'm hoping and praying it's because I've been an anxious MESS for the last 3 days, haven't eaten until today - so when I finally ate, it went right through me. Let's hope it's not that I caught her *sv. UGH. I HATE this. Is this season over yet???? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Given that she's so young and it passed so quickly I doubt that it was actually a virus. You mentioned a cough. If it happened right upon waking it was more likely to be due to mucous. I know you'll worry regardless, but honestly even if it was a sv* you sound like you've cleaned up well! If you're the one doing the 'wiping' when she goes #2, just make sure to scrub your hand well and bleach down the toilet after she's through (like a quick spray, not a fully scrub down). I don't think you have anything to worry about, honestly, I don't!

The d is likely from anxiety. Even when I have a mild panic attack, I immediately get d and an upset stomach. And if you haven't had any food in the past 3 days, that will definitely add to the cause. It's been 60 hours and I would say you're totally in the clear. I know they say 72 hours, but most of the time it either hits the next day, or within 48 hours, at least the ones I've witnessed.

Kids are sick from the darndest things! Mucous, coughing, food... may or may not have been a bug, but either way, you've taken care of both her and yourself so I really think it's okay. Hope your daughter is feeling much better now, and you can start to calm down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."