Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default stress response, high bp and emet attack

I don't know if I'm alright or not... been very stressed with my sister recovering from the heart attack. I keep getting these atttacksn where Im light headed and uncoordinated.. At work I was standing and talking to a couple and it got so bad I thought I was going to faint. The man I was talking to had lost both his legs and his fingers due to an operation to putt in a defibrillator ( sepsis) after several heart attacks and he was young.. Maybe it hit too close to home.. I managed to get home and take my bp.. it was 96 on the bottom. . Mine is always low..until lately. . My stomach has been ok, surprisingly.. till now, Its 4 am and Its grumbling and I had to go.. that made me anxious.. Shew.. I hate this... I so want to be strong and confident and be able to be there for the family without freaking out inside.. I think Im ok on the surface but crumbling inside.. thanks for listening. I'm sure Ill feel better when the sun comes up.

Default Re: stress response, high bp and emet attack

I guess giving a hypochondriac emetophobia a blood pressure cuff isn't a good idea.lol.. Doing better today.

Anyone see this?

Hey I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. I hope you're doing better. I went through months of dizziness and being off balance and it was all down to stress and anxiety (I had every medical test you can think of lol). You've been through a really tough time and for worriers like us that takes its toll. As far as the BP machine, my mum always wanted to check mine when I was dizzy. I stopped her in the end up because it made me more anxious which made my BP go up more! Now she's testing my dad's all the time because his new meds were making him a bit dizzy and it made him worse too (and he's not emet!). I reckon focussing too much on stuff like that just makes you worry about it more which makes the symptoms worse. That being said... if you are still worried about it why not get a check up from the doc to put your mind at rest once and for all?

Thank you for replying. . I have been to the dr. And they think the high bp is just stress and will go back to normal. I also found out I have hypothyroidism, so now Im starting on meds which is anxiety producing.. I think im feeling better in general but have bouts of anxiety.. I just try to let it pass but it's hard. The dizziness is the worst but I do think its probably anxiety because I feel better when I lay down and relax.