Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry strange symptoms - SV? need your opinions...maybe graphic...

Hi everyone,

I've been doing okay with my emet for a while now, even though my family had a SV about 3 weeks ago and everyone but me got it!

Since then, I've been eating tums, which I didn't used to do. I probably have 2-4 max per day and not every day. My anxiety has been higher since the SV hit my house.

Yesterday I felt fine all day other than a bit of stomach discomfort after eating lunch. I had a bm and felt pretty normal. Got hungry for dinner, ate, went out, and had 2 pints of wheat beer between 11pm-midnight. I went to bed around 1am feeling normal and slept normally.

Ever since waking up today I've had really horrible full abdomen stomach cramps. Here's where it may get a bit graphic, FYI. After having one of the bad cramps I feel the urge to have a bm. The bm's though, all day, have been very little to no fecal matter, have been soft, and yellowish in color, and are accompanied by some gas. The cramps leading up to them are SO PAINFUL and are very similar to the ones I had when I last had a SV. I've not been nauseated and was starving around 2pm. Tried to eat a few bites of pasta but it became repulsive pretty quickly. I am having these cramps and bm's about every 20 minutes since 2pm!!!!! They were happening this morning too just less frequently. I have been drinking ginger tea and took 2 tums in the morning and 2 tums a bit later.

Do any of you think this sounds like a SV? Could it have been the beer? Something else?? PLEASE share with me what you think if you are reading this!!!!
    Last edited by jessica.leigh; 03-20-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Default Re: strange symptoms - SV? need your opinions...maybe graphic...

It's probably the tums. They neutralize your stomachache's acid which can cause stomachaches and constipation. Sometimes, having low acid can give you the same symptoms as GERD. I would lay off of them for a while and see how you feel. I know it seems like, stopping the acid would make you feel better but, the acid helps protect you from stomach bugs.

That's what I'm thinking. I haven't overused them according to their packaging but what I'm experiencing today is definitely not normal and the tums and the beers are the only out-of-the-ordinary thing I've done that I can think of!!!

It doesn't sound like *Sv to me. Maybe it was beer? Idk I am no doctor to say that you don't have SV. Hope you feel better though

Bumping as I still haven't gotten any relief. one bout of liquid d*. Considering taking Dramamine, just took pepto. Same symptoms even after the pepto. Has anyone experienced this???

Hey Jessica no way, the SV hits QUICK and you would have no appetite AT ALL. I think its your nerves and all the tums! try to lay off. I hope you feel better! Congrats on avoiding it though 3 weeks ago! howd you do it!

Thanks for your response Daniix. I know that usually is the case, but this just seems so weird. The cramping and bm's are not normal so I know it's not only anxiety.

As far as avoiding the SV - I bleached everything touched and the entire bathroom toilet, sink, floor, and things nearby that might've gotten some particles on them using gloves, then I used my second bathroom only for 2 entire weeks! During that time since the sickies were still shedding the virus (most likely) I re-bleached touched surfaces (light switches, door handles) and continued doing that for 2 full weeks. I was surprised I didn't get it because EVERYONE in my family did! (3 people total) And 2 friends got it at the same time in unrelated circumstances! Must really be going around.

You probably just picked up a small bug in the GI track. Yellow stool typically indicates waste is moving through your body too quick. And when our body does that, it usually means it's trying to get rid of something. I would back off the tums. Although it's harmless when in moderation, the increased calcium could cause kindney stones. I'd consult a Dr. Taking pepto will change the color of your stool to black. If your symptoms conitinue, a dr can prescribe bentyl which aides in lower abdomen cramps. Hope you feel better soon. Stay hydrated and be well!

No more full abdominal cramping - just general malaise today with some light bowel cramping and one soft tiny bm. Took 100mg Dramamine last night and slept comfortably. Took pepto this morning since I have to work today...

It's the magnesium sulfate in the tums. Taking them as often and consistently as you have been is messing with the acid you need in your stomach. Eventually it will actually turn your bm's white. Over consumption of tums is actually really bad for you and can make you feel sick when you're not. I'm confident you will be fine!!