Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scare....please help?

(Don't know of this should be here. I am new so forgive me if it shouldn't be in this section).

Okay so today is my birthday and I thought it would be nice to celebrate in a place call IHOP with my parents and grandparents. We ate a lot today including me. I was just finishing up my sunny side eggs when I started to feel *n. I didn't worry about it to much because I thought it was my anxiety but then I strayed to feel even more n and my anxiety increase. I started to breath and rock back and forth. They were going to sing happy birthday to me but I told them no because I wasn't feeling good. My dad suggested for me to go outside and relax which I thought it wouldn't make me feel better but it didn't. Instead I felt like *v really badly because I could feel something going up and down my throat I tried to burp but I couldn't and I felt horrible. At this point I was freaking out because I didn't want to throw up but it felt like I was really going to. I was even thinking of running to the street and let a car hit me because that's how terrible i felt. ( I know it's silly but I didn't want to feel *n anymore). My anxiety ruined that party and my parents started to blame each other which made it even worse. My dad took me home (which is about 8 minutes away) and throughout the whole way I feel *n and thought for sure I was gonna *v. My dad thought it was the perfect time to stop by the store when I felt *v. We finally made it home and then I panic and decide to take a shower because that relaxes me. I felt better afterwards but I am afraid to eat now. I also felt the same way yesterday after eating goldfish crackers. My therapist said this was because I was full but I don't think you feel *n when you are full. I don't know if it's my mind or if I am really sick but that feeling scare me and I feel scare now. It feels like I am going to throw up any day now. Please help....

Default Re: Scare....please help?

I also forgot to mention I started feeling *n 3 minutes after eating my sunny side eggs.

Were you hungry before you ate at IHOP?

Not that much but yeah.

Usually when people are sick with a SV they lose their appetite way before! I think your body just isn't loving what it ate!

Maybe. But it happen with other foods too.