Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Very scared (graphic)

Hi everyone,

I had a tortilla earlier with scrambled egg in it. Tonight my lower stomach feels bloated, a little growly and a little crampy. I feel like I need to go to the loo. I have read that eggs can make you constipated - does this sound about right? I am freaking out my stomach feels off kilter.

As some of you now I have PTSD and today hasn't been a great day with that either. Emet and PTSD antagonise each other it seems.

I am really scared to sleep. But I am tired. I have some Valium to take but it's as last resort.

I wouldn't say I feel n*, just very anxious.

Please can someone make me feel like I'm not going crazy.

Default Re: Very scared (graphic)

I get a weird, bloated stomach whenever I eat eggs. They are a known IBS trigger food. I think it's just that. There's nothing wrong. Hope you can relax a bit and get some decent sleep!

eggs def make you gassy. I bet that's it. you don't need Valium. I bet you need to poop! feel better ☺️

Ask my husband what eggs do to me. He has to sit far, far away from me several hours after I have eaten them, lol. Gas, gas, gas.

Yep, I had an egg salad sandwich for lunch... thank GOD I was home alone, otherwise I think my family would have been knocked out. Along with that of course were pretty awful lower abdominal cramps. Eggs are an IBS trigger for sure; same thing happens to my aunt and she doesn't even have an IBS diagnosis. To feel better, I put a heating pad on my stomach, released the gas within me, and took an antacid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Thanks guys for your replies, definitely normalised the situation. I feel better now, thanks. Eggs have never done that to me before so it was a little scary. With the PTSD, if I have an emet attack, that anxiety triggers the PTSD anxiety then I feel more n* and then it becomes a vicious circle.