Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: norovirus

Default norovirus

I work in a restaurant and Tuesday 3/17/15, I was in contact with my manager who was very sick with the virus. (Luckily I didn't see anything happen because that would have been so humiliating to have a panic attack at work..) I also had contact with her on 3/21/15. It is now 3/23/15 and I have yet to show symptoms, except n* (which I'm sure I just anxiety related.) I cleaned everything on the 17th with bleach, sanitizer, and hot water. Does anyone know how much longer until I'm in the clear? I have been taking emergen-C and echinacea, but I'm too panicky to get up for school because I'm afraid I'll show symptoms there.

Default Re: norovirus

I would say you are well in the clear so relax! A person can theoretically be contagious for up to 72 hours BUT they are carrying the virus only in their poo, so the likelihood of you coming in to contact with a colleagues poo is pretty slim, especially as you work in a restauarant so I'd ike to think they are thorough with handwashing? The virus could also survive for approx 21 days on hard surfaces, but as you bleached everything down on the night it happened that will have destroyed any germs there and then, so to be honest with you, the risk of you catching norovirus now is no greater than any other day of the year.

Default Re: norovirus

Thank you so much